3. Carnival Ecstasy
This was our second cruise, but the first on Ecstasy. This may be one of Carnival's older ships, but it is very well maintained. The crew was constantly cleaning and maintaining the ship. I don't think I ever saw a speck of dust anywhere. The staff was absolutely wonderful. They were very friendly and helpful, and always had a smile and greeting for us. There seemed to be a bit of disorganization in the Wind Star dining room, but nothing bad. The food was tasty. We saw two playlist productions in the Blue Sapphire, "Motor City" and "The Brits". Both were good. We also saw Consuela Ivy in concert. What a voice that lady has! If you ever get a chance to see her, don't pass it up. We absolutely loved both her performances. In the Punchliner Comedy Club, we saw four comedians. Two of them were absolutely hilarious - Cee Jay Jones and The Cowboy Comedian. Our Cruise Director Adam kept things hopping and we just couldn't attend everything that was going on. By far, most everything about this cruise was great except for the rocking of the ship during some bad weather, but we just rocked and rolled with it. We don't care for cigarette smoke and I did seem to detect some stale smoke odors around different parts of the ship, even in the non smoking areas. At Amber Cove we took a tour of Puerto Plata and the surrounding countryside with lunch at a plantation. Our tour guide was very conscientious and watched out for us while giving us a wealth of information on the Dominican Republic. At various stops on the tour there were quite a few locals pushing merchandise, but we just politely declined. The port at Amber Cove is beautiful with tons of loungers to relax in. I tried the zip line, which was ok, just not for me. My snorkeling excursion at Grand Turk was canceled due to bad weather so we just hung out on the beach. We went down to the Conch Graveyard and got some conch shells and had lunch at Margaritaville, which was quite pricey (Almost $50.00 for two hamburgers, fries, a soda, a beer, and tip). I was surprised to find that the beach sand on Grand Turk seemed to have a lot of shell/coral chips in it that acted like the hooks on velcro and made the "sand" difficult to rinse off. Half Moon Cay was paradise! It was beautiful and the sand was smooth and soft. Since my snorkeling excursion was canceled on Grand Turk, I picked up a snorkeling excursion by boat here. They took us to a place with three different reefs to snorkel where we saw lots of fish. The water was crystal clear and the sand on the bottom looked like snow. We also rented a cabana (#9) that my wife loved. The lunch buffet was very tasty. The only problem was that we had to go back to the ship too soon. Overall, with the exception of the bad weather at the beginning of the cruise (We were on the tail end of the storm that damaged Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas), this was a wonderful cruise and I would not hesitate to cruise on the Ecstasy again.

Great Time on Ecstasy

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Ironman1989

Ironman1989’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Cabin U138
Our cabin was was nice, clean and quiet. Our cabin steward, Abigail from the Philippines, took very good care of us and our cabin.
  Carnival Ecstasy Deck Plans