3. Westerdam
I believe we went at the wrong time of year ...... by probably a week or so! It rained the first 2 days so the balcony and outside areas were off-limits. Second day was in Grand Turk and it just "downpoured" on our way to Margaritaville and finally stopped enough so we could get back to the ship. I love Grand Turk and wanted to try out Jack's Reef, another bar/grill, but was unable to get there because of the rain. Had a wonderful day in St Thomas and San Juan both. We took an island tour in St Thomas and was able to take in my favorite view..... the beautiful Magen's Bay. Every place we went on the Westerdam, everyone was so friendly and seemed very happy to see us. We spent the majority of our time in the Piano Bar as we are all friends with Mr. Jimmy Maddox, Pianoman Extraordinnaire! We are also members of Piano Bar Nation and there were quite a few of us on this cruise. He makes it fun to listen to his playing and singing along. I don't think I'll do a HAL cruise without Jimmy at the PB! Waiters Henry and Axis in the Piano Bar were amazing again ..... they don't ever forget what anyone drinks!! The Pinnacle Grill staff is also friendly and the food was amazing again .... some of the breakfast items were not very good but, all-in-all, amazing food and service. The 24-hour room service staff that takes the orders still need a LOT more listening skills .... they never once got our entire order correct over the phone OR when we even filled out the breakfast menu card and put on our door. The room service food was good though. HAL has been told of all my complaints from above BUT none of them will stop me from cruising HAL or on the Westerdam ever in the future. I believe HAL to be the best cruise line I've found as far as service goes.

HAL's Westerdam; Another Wonderful Week

vikesfan53’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Westerdam price drops

Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin SA 7062
We were in a Neptune Suite - the pull-out double bed from the couch was horrible!! Very thin and we had to have housekeeping come put an eggshell foam topper on it....still horrible but a little better. The topper wasn't even as big as the bed so Nancy had to sleep in that specific area ..... hope the Neptune on the Nieuw Amsterdam coming up in August is a lot better. It's probably MY turn to sleep on the couch!!
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins