3. Norwegian Sky
I went on the Norwegian Sky Dec. 28, 2015. When I booked the cruise I clearly asked if the price I received on he phone was the bottom line. I was told yes. I arrived ad found out I would be charged $13.50 per person per day tip. I wasn't prepared for this cost. I would have never booked the trip if I had know this as I only make $15 per hour. My wife, daughter and I only had enough money for one excursion and we knew this going in (they really wanted to go) but we couldn't afford to go. When we realized we couldn't go, my wife and I wanted to buy a celebratory drink; couldn't afford that either ($7.50 for one beer plus mandatory, preset tip). We only saw the maid one time; the one time was to report that the fold out bed was broke. It fell apart when opening it. He offered to come by every time we were going to bed to open it. I saw how he did it and chose to struggle through opening it myself because we weren't sure when we would go to bed. Just think, I had a mandatorily tip someone I saw only once and who couldn't bring me a new bed. The food in the restaurant was just "OK". There wasn't enough (BTW we are small folk who don't eat much) The dessert was terrible!! I take the blame for this because we should have stayed in our lane (i.e. we are poor and tried to have fun) If I get enough to go on another cruise, it won't be Norwegian. I wish they would have given us a bottom line price prior to confirming the trip. This is underhanded and a rip off (e.g. They know they will receive at least 5% of the mandatory tip we HAVE to give; why give better service)

Sky Cruise Not So Good