3. Carnival Valor
Disappointing to say the least. Have been on many cruises (lost count) This was just bad.. food was average on the good days. Desserts on the buffet were terrible. Talk about seeing a lot of waste. I am sure that a lot of it was due to inedible food. Overall the ship was reasonably clean, but not even close to other lines that we have been on. I have never had a bad room steward until the last 2 cruises we have done (both Carnival). I find it more than a coincidence that as soon as Carnival implements automatic gratuity, the rooms are no longer kept to the prior standards. Our room was not clean the day we entered, dust on the glass shelves, corners dirty. If we left a used dish on the table or counter ,it was left in room. Basically, our bed was made, a few towels animals the last few nights on the ship. Nothing was straightened, had to ask for ice. The steward was very friendly and I am not so sure that he wasn't just overwhelmed. I am not so sure that there wasn't bed bugs in our room as well as the lounges/theaters. Every night , while in bed , I could feel something biting me and could feel something crawling on my legs when in the lounges. One of the members in our group had bites on her. Inspecting the bed every night , I could see tiny little black specs on the sheets, and to my horror when returning home, same specs were on our clothes. A ziplock bag ,with wet wipes ,that was kept in the bathroom had same specs on the inside of the bag. While I never saw a bug, I also know that you usually wont see them. On a positive note the ship's medical facility was good and surprisingly reasonable in price. Ports were very nice and the ship did a decent job of disembarking at ports.

Probably the Last Carnival Cruise