3. Disney Wonder
I booked adjoining cabins. We had a 19 month old child with us and I was still recovering from a major knee injury. It didn't take long for us to hear quite loudly the sounds of hammering, drilling and sawing coming from the cabin next to mine. We complained and was told they would look into it. Next day same sounds only louder waking both me and my granddaughter up from naps. We were told they were re-doing the cabin next door but not to worry because the construction would only go on during the day. And we were told that the next sailing our cabins weren't available for sale because of the construction. Excuse me? So why not do that earlier? They offered to move us but that would have been very difficult (the tons of stuff you bring with a child and re-packing and unpacking would have left me more exhausted than I already was). Finally after a few days of this they agreed to halt the construction on that cabin. What was supposed to be a relaxing vacation was already ruined at this point. The cabins themselves are poorly laid out, my cabinmate banged her leg several times on the main bed trying to go from her bed (the daytime couch) to the bathroom at night. And what's with not having the main bed split into a doubles configuration? There was a vent in the room that made loud banging noises for hours on end and they (despite complaints) and sending a maintenance man, was never fixed. The food was so so (better than Carnival but not as good as Royal Caribbean). And the room service menu was a kid's paradise: chicken fingers, hamburgers, hot dogs. Where was the adult food? I went to the spa 3 times for massages. The treatment rooms were great. But the area where you changed, took showers, and had the sauna etc with chaise lounges had a basketball court overhead. Very loud and totally not relaxing. We did get a partial (50%) refund from Disney on the price I paid for the two cabins. I don't believe that was adequate compensation for the worst cruise I have ever taken. Their reasoning was that we didn't elect to change cabins. If we had changed cabins I would have been so exhausted and at least another half a day would have been wasted. Disney should have never been doing major construction next to an occupied cabin. They say they do it all the time. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend ever taking a Disney cruise lest you encounter what we did. I have enjoyed every other cruise I have taken (Royal Caribbean, Princess, Carnival, Costa) so this was a shocker.

The Not So Sweet Sounds of Construction in the Next Door Cabin

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by LawLibDirector

The food was so so (better than Carnival but not as good as Royal Caribbean).

LawLibDirector’s Full Rating Summary