3. Voyager of the Seas
Embarkation was incredibly fast, less than 15 minutes from stepping from the taxi, to walking along Deck 4 after boarding. This was the fastest I've encountered. Lunch in the Windjammer on the first day was quite disappointing compared to my past 4 RCI cruises. No welcome aboard fruit carvings, and a much reduced offering of food choices. Luckily, the food picked up from here, although the first few days were marred by poor service from the chefs, getting beef orders wrong etc. Our cabin, an interior with virtual balcony was small, really small. It was a bit of a shock to walk into this cabin for the first time to see how limited space was. However, there was ample room to store things, and I;'d say the only thing I really missed from other RCI cabins was the little coffee table which was really handy to put hats, books etc on. Our cabin attendant Imran was amazing, one of the best I've had, and much better than past suite attendants who are supposed to be the best onboard. Most meals were eaten in the MDR including lunch on sea days. The salad buffet has really gone downhill with no egg and no chopped chicken available, but plenty of seafood, which I don't like. After a few days of having a vegetarian salad, I abandoned them altogether and started ordering from the lunch menu. Dinners in the MDR, Giovanni's and Chops were very good and to the usual standard apart for over or under cooked beef on the first few nights. Service was a little patchy at first also. There were a lot of new staff who had started their contracts on this cruise and it really showed. After our first port day though, things improved greatly. The entertainment onboard was nothing special, even the ice show was far from the best I've seen. Katia in the Schooner Bar was again the standout performer, and played to ever-growing crowds each night. My favourite place on the ship was undoubtedly the Diamond Club, great continental breakfasts, good coffee, and the drinks and snacks each night were wonderful, served by a very professional Jonathan. Overall, it wasn't the best cruise I've had on Voyager, but in terms of value for money and the quality of service and food, it was still a fantastic way to holiday, and I'll definitely be going on Voyager again.

Third time on Voyager, not quite as good, but still a great cruise

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by deedaoz

deedaoz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

We loved the virtual balcony, it is just a shame that the cabin was so small. Waking to a slight amount of light from the virtual balcony, and being able to see the weather outside was a real treat. It certainly isn't better than a balcony cabin, but its much better than a regular interior.
  Voyager of the Seas Deck Plans

• Gardens, mud pools and resort
    We went to the Sabeto mud pools and the Garden of the Sleeping Giants. The gardens were beautiful, and the mud pools were a lot of fun. We then went to a resort for an hour and people were able to buy lunch if they wanted to. We were also supposed to go shopping, however time didn't permit.
    View All 13,277 Gardens, mud pools and resort Reviews
  • Escapade Island
    Absolutely beautiful day. We spent the day at the lovely resort on Escapade Island. The water was clear and warm, with many fish, and some turtles. We enjoyed an amazing buffet lunch that was absolutely delicious.
    View All 13,277 Escapade Island Reviews
  • Village and Waterfall
    We took a tour with Sailada Tours. We visited a traditional village where they held a kava welcoming ceremony, then danced and sang for us. Finally, we got to sample delicious food that had been cooked in a pit.

After this, we visited the waterfall for beautiful scenery and a refreshing swim. The tour guide then dropped us at the town for shopping, and we were then able to catch a free shuttle back to the ship.
    View All 13,277 Village and Waterfall Reviews