3. Norwegian Escape
If I were rating only The Haven, I'd have needed a sixth option.....SPECTACULAR. If I were rating only the staff, I'd have needed a seventh option.....INCREDIBLE. If I were rating our dining and entertainment experience, I'd have needed an eighth option...AMAZING. Our recent voyage on the Escape was wonderful. I'm not sure I'd feel the same if we were not staying in The Haven, however. When we visited the ropes course, the slides and Margaritaville, all of which were great, we found the pool areas on deck 16 were very crowded and noisy....by far the "liveliest" of my more than 50 previous cruise experiences. I deliberately chose the word "liveliest", rather than "worst" because I'm sure that many passengers enjoyed all the activity. My wife and I are in our mid fifties and were travelling with another couple our age and with our 28 year old son and his fiancee. My son and his future bride LOVED the trip!...but admitted to preferring our private pool and deck space in the Haven over the main pool area. We took no meals at any of the complimentary dining rooms as we had Ultimate Dining passes.....which were honored at each of the following venues which we enjoyed in this order: La Cucina, The Haven Dining Room, Le Bistro, Cagney's, Moderno, Teppanyaki and the Supper Club. I should mention that the Supper Club only discounted our $35pp fee down to $17 pp in consideration of our Ultimate Dining status. All dining venues were AMAZING as were the 3 shows (Million Dollar Quartet, After Midnight, For the Record) we attended. I should add that the actual food at the Supper Club was just OK....but the service and the show (For the Record) were top notch. Embarkation and disembarkation were phenomenal too.....but likely also due to our "Haven" status. We were provided escorted services embarking/disembarking and to shows, etc. We stayed in Suite 17120 which was a 2 bedroom family "villa" on deck 17.....steps away to the private pool, lounge, bar, dining room, sundeck and spa......not within everyone's budget, but well worth the expense. I wish I knew the names of each and every staffer we encountered, because they were all INCREDIBLE. Needless to say their attitudes were a reflection of their supervisory chain from the top: Jovo Sekulovic, the Hotel Director and his first assistant both of whom were ubiquitous and incredibly accommodating. Our room steward, Miller was great. Our bartenders (Haven Bar) Marc and Branko were both terrific. Many waiters and waitresses in the Haven Dining Room were BEYOND INCREDIBLE! Our Teppanyaki "performer", Joshua was GREAT! The cruise director, Silas Cook and his staff were terrific. I could go on and on, but before closing I should share our views about the ship's decor. My wife and I LOVED each and every decorating element throughout the many public spaces and within our accommodations. The color palates and design elements were beautiful.....more neutral, muted, soothing than those on the Dawn, Jewel, Pearl and Gem......more similar to the newer Celebrity fleet. We never experienced any issues with cigarette smoke as had been reported on previous NCL mega-ships.....and we LOVED the new outdoor dining options at several of the a la carte venues. Happy Sails!

The Haven

cruiser willy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

The Haven 2-bedroom Family Villa with Balcony
Cabin H4 17120
Our 2 bedroom family villa was spacious and comfortable allowing more than adequate storage for 6 clothes-horses who packed way more than necessary! Three large flat screen TVs with more complimentary movies than we could possibly fit into our 7 days/nights. Adequate private balcony. Two generously proportioned bathrooms, one with ceiling to floor windows to enjoy while showering or bathing. Not the MOST comfortable mattresses I've ever slept in, but certainly acceptable for a cruise ship.
Deck 18 Suite Cabins