• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Feb 2016
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Our family recently experienced what a horrible cruise is all about. The first moment we embarked on board we were greeted by phantom service - there was no smiles, or hello welcome aboard, nothing. Quite different to what you see on TV. One bed was so hard I thought I slept on concrete, the air con was freezing, the thermostat already at max.

Then the meals, pantry meal area - opens 3 times daily, less variety and talk about black labelled cheap food, even my dogs eat better than that. The water front dining - preheated food served on the table at 1000 degree plate that will burn your hand and God help me if it was one of the children hand that grabbed the plate. One crew member behind the Bain Marie was so rude, he would raise his voice at you while serving. As far as cleanliness goes, the cabin corridor smells, tops deck full of beer cans soft drink cups etc left there for the entire trip, the steam rooms covered in genital hairs (must be shaving season) and the steam/bath shower is blocked.

But with all the negative mentioned there is one positive note. To all P&O crew staff, you need to take a bow to this guy, Percie who takes care of the cabin duty. He is very polite, helpful, full of smile and courteous.

9 Helpful Votes