3. Voyager of the Seas
Probably the best holiday I have had in over 20 years. My wife and I plus our three children aged 6,5 and 3 had an interconnecting cabin on deck 2 towards the aft (back) of the ship. An interconnecting room with a porthole in each room. We stay low and near the middle back of the ship to lessen any potential sea sickness. My wife was ill the first day and a half, so she just kept pumping the avomine into her and she was fine by Day 3. My 5 yr old had a belly ache and we just told her it was something she ate and she was fine thereafter. The boat was moving around a bit on the first two days. The first few days at sea allows you to get organised and find your way around the ship. There is plenty to see and do - you get a cruise compass which is a daily info sheet plus there is a morning show on your cabin TV. Best thing is to be prepared. We took an assortment of medications for everything and had to use a few here and there. Best piece of advice - wash your hands all the time at the sanitiser stations. We did this easily 15-20 times a day to avoid getting sick. The room service was great - very friendly crew who really look after your kids. The nightly meal in the dining room is restaurant quality. There are other specialty dining - italian, japanese and a steak place - also johnny rockets up on deck 12 - fantastic burgers and fries - definitely go there for the whole experience. My kids nearly died when they saw Shrek, Princess Fiona, Puss n Boots etc on the first night. During the cruise we got pics with all of them. Parents we ran into said their kids in the 6-8 kids club did not like it - the 3-5 kids club was loved by the kids. We moved our 6 yr old into the 3-5 group and then he was happy. This is something they can work on. What I did notice was that their best activities seemed to be on when we were in port and most kids would have been off the ship. Being a teacher myself, I am probably being over critical here but they could definitely use some guidance as the staff are young and therefore very inexperienced educators. The dining room experience was amazing. Sun and Roma looked after us on deck 3 and our kids loved them. They really go the extra mile in every way and work very hard. Food is very good and you dont need to go to the trough or casual dining up on deck 11. It is buffet standard up there. Lots to choose from. Photos are expensive. 20 USD per photo (that is just the pic) with packages going into hundreds of dollars for USB and prints for all. Take a camera. I still bought 4 pics though lol. Flow Rider was very popular. You will get 30-45 seconds every 10-15 minutes if you want to give it a go. Drinks are amazing. If you drink more than 8 beers or 4-5 cocktails a day, get the premium package - just cocktails, spirits, wine and beers or what I got - the ultimate package 67 USD a day, but I did really enjoy myself. It cost me 536 USD for the trip but I had 400 USD of onboard credit for 2 rooms, so it cost 136 USD for 9 nights. With the ultimate package, you get everything - water, fizzy, coffees, teas etc as well from different cafes etc around the ship. I did not find the duty free on ship to be very good - some alcohol was actually dearer in aussie dollars than if you went down to your local bottlo and got it there, so be careful and know your prices. island tours - they can cost 3-4 times more if you book on the ship compared to the island price. e.g. Noumea - chou chou train tour - 70 USD for an adult if you book onboard, 25 aussie if you do it there. They guarantee not to leave without you if you book through them, thats the only benefit of doing so and booking through RCI. Isle of Pines and Mystery Island were terrific. We saw this huge line and got on the back of it to get a tender to the beaches. Within about 5 minutes, we were on the tender. This is very well organised. The water is magnificent - we just beached it for half a day and got back on the ship mid afternoon. Getting on the boat initially... as we were on deck 2 - could board from 4.30pm onwards - we went straight up to the counter, through customs etc - on the boat within 20 minutes of arriving. Go later and avoid the queues. You meet people who know people you know - scary! 1 degree of separation. No louts and crazy stuff - young people but with their parents - lots of families...everyone in a relaxed mood - lots of fun ... bbq's near the pool were great. Big screen with recent movies was good as well - the days just go quick. We booked again for next year whilst onboard. Easy travelling. The ice show is amazing and a must see as are a few of the more adult shows at night - very funny indeed with passengers in the thick of it. They are very particular about providing you high quality service - they remember you name and your requests. I have not seen such high quality service in a long time. You will have fun in the dining room with a few surprises - the whole three decks of passengers sang the national anthem on australia day as we as the mandatory aussie aussie aussie...oi..oi...oi. Take some american cash with you - handy for some things on board. The internet is like 25 aussie a day - I put my phones in the afe and left them there for 9 days - I had 60 missed calls and 298 unread emails when I disembarked - loved not looking at a phone all the time! You feel totally free - amazing!

Great Cruise for Families

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Cadfael

Big screen with recent movies was good as well - the days just go quick.

We booked again for next year whilst onboard. Easy travelling.

Cadfael’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

Cabin 2644/2646
they make animals out of towels and put them on the kids beds - so excited - they loved it. We were well looked after. Cabin was clean and Wayan was awesome!
  Voyager of the Seas Deck Plans