Sapphire Princess Cruise Review

Excellent

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by leck57

• Sail Date: Jan 2016
  • Destination: Asia

I could not have been happier with our cruise on Sapphire Princess which departed Singapore on 27 Jan 2016. The quality of the ship was first class and all bars and eating areas were different in their own way.

The meals were excellent and even though many people avoid buffets we ate at Horizon Court for dinner about half of the time (usually after day trips when we couldn't be bothered dressing up a little more) and we were pleasantly surprised with the quality and variation. Always plenty of seafood and even heaps of lobsters one night. The dining rooms were also great.

Our cabin was getting close to a refresh, in terms of carpet replacement and some work in the bathroom but it was still great and the beds were as comfortable as any I have slept in on my travels.

Shore excursions were great and we were offloaded very quickly. Drink prices on board I thought were reasonable and the entertainment and other on board activities were varied. The service at the Passenger Service Desk was good except on one occasion when the bloke I dealt with couldn't have cared less. Other occasions, the staff were great.

I could not of been happier and I am missing the ship since we left.

leck57's Full Rating Summary

Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)

Excellent tour. This city will be very different in 20 years time as it is coming on very quickly.

Sihanoukville

Not a lot to see in this port but would have liked more time at the market

Koh Samui

Well worth visiting this place and as the tour finishes early afternoon plenty of time to stroll the areas near the port.

Bangkok (Laem Chabang)

Great day although the Grand Palace was packed with people.

Singapore

Singapore was where we started and it is easy to do your own thing

leck57