3. Celebrity Silhouette
This was my our first cruise on a Celebrity Ship (have sailed multiple times on RCCL), and it met every expectation for our crusing needs. We are a couple in our 50's and this was our 12th cruise oveall. Overnight stay at Sheraton Airport/Cruise Hotel, our second time and nothing fancy with good shuttles to the Ports. Embarkation was way too easy so I hope we don't get spoiled, arrived at port around 11:30 and were on board at 11:45 - checked in and walked aboard! We had booked a Suite so had lunch in the Suite dining room Luminae, from the get go, the food was going to be so/so, but the service was impeccable. All over the ship the public areas (bars, lounges, sitting areas) are very comfortable and accessible. There were plenty of good spots to see the crowds and just enough spots to share a quiet moment to yourself. All in all the ship was beautiful and very comfortable. Lots of fun things to do - Music trivia, dancing by the pool, later night music by the pool with the singers and dancers and some pretty good shopping. We did some, but not all and found them enjoyable. Really loved playing the 80's music game in the Sky Lounge (port v starboard), loads of fun and from what I saw of other events, they were well attended and had many people smiling. Our Sky Suite cabin was an aft cabin and afforded a spacious balcony, spacious room (equivalent to Jr. Suite) with some nice amenities, toiletries, Butler service, Access to private Michael's Lounge and the Luminae dining room). All were perfect except the food in the Luminae, I'm not much of a foodie, but it still left me underwhelmed food and choice wise. Some were hit's and many were misses. But, as stated, the staff was Fantastic and made the experience worth it (from a personal level). Tried the Lawn Club one night which was included in our package, enjoyed the meal, but don't think I'd pay the up-charge for dining there in the future, but nice ambiance and service, I just don't think I received $45 worth of food. The Oceanview Cafe had some good choices and some not so good, but that's to be expected, it wasn't bad. Bistro on 5 was nice and had a good salad and club sandwich. We had other choices, but just stuck with Luminae understanding we could have gone to other dining rooms. Entertainment - another hit and miss. The Celebrity show Life was very good, the 4 primary (lead) singers had great voices and range and the numbers chosen for the show were very good. There were 3 different comedians on the cruise, the first I felt sorry for as I don't think the crowd (which skewed older) didn't quite get him, the magician/comedian was good and some nice illusions and I heard the third comedian was somewhat abrasive and rude. The performance of "Hitsville" by the 4 guys singing songs from Motown was AWESOME and had everyone having a great time as did the Tenors of Rock on the last night - fun and great music. The Celebrity Singers/Dancers premiered a show called "Cosmopolitan" on the cruise and we just sat there trying to figure out where it was headed, confusing at best. The early numbers were flat, they picked up and got better, but closed out weak. Also Celebrity should try to gauge the demographics of their cruise (age wise) and have back up songs. Hip Hop to an older group was silly and they could have used some Frank Sinatra or Broadway when portraying New York City. Spent little time at the pool, as on most cruises there were quite a few chair hogs and savers, so decided to get sun on the upper decks where it was less hectic. Loved the Solarium to relax and the lounges were very comfortable! Ports: St. Maarten and San Juan - been to both many times so just took it easy (although lost my camera in St. Maarten), really liked St. Kitts - took a self day pass at the Marriott Hotel which had a Beautiful Beach! Our concierge helped us get off the ship a little earlier than most and we exited before 9 am and were on our way to airport by 9:30, I don't think it was that bad for the others. Many pros, a few cons, but all in all a fantastic voyage. The staff were excellent and very personable and made us feel welcome every time we saw them. Great Cruise.

Very Nice First Celebrity Cruise

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by baabtx

baabtx’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Sky Suite
Cabin S2 2157
Excellent cabin on resort deck (12) walked right out to pool deck! up one flight to Ocean View and down on same side for all restaurants. Some noise from above in Oceanview cafe, but nothing to bother us too much.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins