3. Disney Fantasy
We sailed on the Disney Fantasy recently...our 4th Disney Cruise in the last 3 years. In the past we have had magical times, but this time was a total disappointment. We were dealing with a totally different company. One that seemed to be much less concerned with customer service and customer experience. Our dining service was mediocre. Our servers were working hard, but seemed to have way too many tables. During many meals we were not served drinks until halfway through the meal, and the meals lasted close to 2 hours every night because service was so slow. Our servers barely had time to take our orders. In addition, our tables were very crowded. Two nights I was literally sitting next to the bar where food was prepared and felt like I was part of the service team instead of a guest. Because we had three children, including a high chair, there were times our servers could not even reach our table to put the food on it and had to pass our food to us above all of the tables. In addition, there was not enough seating for the guests for entertainment. For one show, we arrived 15 minutes early, and I could only find one seat. I had to put my five and four year old on my lap for the show in order to watch it. Everything seemed too crowded...pools, elevators, everything. The nursery even filled up several times and we could not take our daughter to the nursery when we needed to. This was the first cruise I ever experienced that problem. To kill an already un-magical trip, our boat had mechanical errors causing us to have to skip Castaway Cay. To us, Castaway Cay is the highlight of the trip. The cruise line seemed to care very little about their mistake, and offered very little to guests to make up for it. Their goodwill gesture was a 200 dollar credit per stateroom (not person) and offered 20% off future cruises (prices have gone up more than 20% since we booked the one we just sailed on and it did not offer a stateroom credit like the offer that they already offer for all guests with a 10% off discount if you book onboard.) To me, this did very little to make up for a cruise that we spent more than 6000 dollars to cruise on. We absolutely would do a return if we knew what we knew now. I called customer service when I got home, and they informed me that mechanical errors sometimes happen and the cruise line can not be held accountable for that. Really?! Then, to me, it seems like a risk to sail with them. Why would I risk plopping down 7 or 8 thousand on the next one? I think Disney has lost touch with how much their vacations cost and what kind of trip customers are paying for. We will not be sailing with Disney anymore. Up until this point I was a faithful Disney cruiser and would not have considered any other line, but this company has changed for the worse.

Very Disappointed; Not the Same Disney Cruise Line of the Past

Ages 3 to 6
Get Disney Fantasy price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 06B
The cabin was nice, and we enjoyed the room overall.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins