Crown Princess Cruise Review

Crown Princess Cruise Review by April1969

• Sail Date: Feb 2016
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This was our 30th cruise,2nd with Princess. We only cruise from ports we can drive to. 40 minutes drive from San Fernando valley,arrived at about 11:30am. Check in was quick and easy.was given group #8 for boarding. waited about 15 min. before groups were starting to be called. was on board by 12:30pm. Crown Princess is a beautiful ship, BUT they way its built is very confusing. I have been on many cruise ships of different sizes and usually get oriented on the first or second day. On this one I was still checking the directory on the last day of the cruise.

Luggage was delivered pretty fast, and I was able to unpack and get everything in order before the drill and sail away. Sail away was pretty standard. some live music on deck. Dancing and drinking. There was nothing special.

We had a balcony cabin #C314. It was very nice. The balcony was spacious and I would of used it more if they had sun loungers,but they only had chairs.The location of the cabin was good.It was very quite,never heard the neighbors,or any other noise (and there was a laundry room across from us). Entertainment was great in the evenings.The Mariachi trio that played in the piazza was great, and always drew a crowd. There was also a circus act-very good. they had several shows during the cruise.In general,the piazza area was very nice. Had lunch there on the sea day.great small bites. was nice to try something different then the usual buffet lunch.they have great desserts there too.

Didn't do much during the day,pretty quiet and relaxing.They had the usual daily line up on the patter, with seminars,different sports meet ups and such.  There was always something playing on the big screen outdoors.  It was Superbowl weekend, so they had the game on the screen,and in an indoor lounge.  Since we are not football fans,we stayed away from there. It was a good day to spend on our balcony and take it easy.  Has anytime dinning. usually went around 5:15pm. was seated right away, and service and food was very good every night.

I was really anticipating the famous Princess deck party,but they didn't have one.I don't know why. the weather was perfect for it.

Debarkation was pretty slow. Our meet up time was 9:15. Didn't leave until 10:30.

Overall it was a good short cruise.service was great all around.

April1969's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BA C314

Cabin was very good.Lots of closet and storage space. Balcony almost as big as the room. Wish they had sun loungers instead of just chairs. I liked the way the balcony door works you can set it open as much as you like, and it locks in place where you leave it. don't have to prop it with anything.

Ensenada

Been to this port many times in the past, so just stayed on board and enjoyed a relaxing day on the ship.

Los Angeles

I live in LA, quick 40 minutes drive to port.

April1969