3. Marella Celebration
JOURNEY: very easy to check in online few days before and then just drop off bags-and not see them again until we got on board the ship-this was great and took away all the stress of travelling -The dream liner is a fab plane and a very comfortable way to travel .I am glad that Thompsons offer complementary drinks with the service for long haul, just adds a personal touch instead of being appearing money grabbing like some airlines. SHIP: never been on Celebration before-lovely little ship –the Broadway showroom was like a traditional theatre with an upper balcony and had a nice feel to it. FOOD: Food was plentiful and sufficient variety to suit all tastes-my hubby is a keen meat eater –I prefer fish. We only had one evening when the food in the main restaurant was not very appetising and a bit cold but we came late and they were very busy. We ate once in Mistrals which was a lovely dining experience-because we went on the second night it was not busy and we have excellent service. You are asked if you wish to dine alone or share with others –we did both, it is nice to meet people from all walks of life. STAFF: what can I say 99% of the staff were warm and friendly and could not do enough for you-they appeared to love their job and enjoy meeting new people. They worked so hard to ensure we had a good time and it was lovely to see some greeting returning guests like lost family. ENTERTAINMENT: We did not attend much other than two shows in Broadway and one night in Liberties but everyone seemed to enjoy what was on offer-plenty to do day and night. ITINERARY: loved this-the ABC (Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire) islands were so beautiful, very clean and felt very safe. Castries; St Lucia Port was a bit grim (we were too tired on first day to do a trip) worth a visit but I did not like the constant haggling of taxi drivers and tour operators. The Market did not feel that safe. Grenada: lives up to its name of the Spice island- everywhere you went the air was filled with the most amazing smells and although there was some pressure selling it was acceptable-people just trying to make a living but were gracious when you said no. A must is the great rum punch in the market square but lethal so only have one. Curacao: What a pretty island-I was somewhat pressurised by the tours operators on the ship to do the Dolphin swim, but as I had done on in the past am glad I held out my ground to do the observation only at £25 it was very affordable ,do not be told you will not see or hear anything-I got the best photos and was up close and personal –you also could walk around the rest on the sea life centre and also access the Mambo beach, which was stunning-as get transported there and back-well worth doing. Aruba: Beautiful beaches-we took a local bus $7 return to Eagle beach-took 20 mins and paid a further $15 each for the day for a sun bed each and palm tree shade and table, there are toilets and a couple of beach bars and water sports activities if you wish-very relaxing and busses run every 15-20 mins Bonaire: what can me say-little Holland-it looked like a beautiful brightly coloured toy town-there was a children’s carnival in progress and the atmosphere was so happy, there was no touting, hassle free .I took a long walk along the Harbour /Marina front alone and felt completely safe. Barbados: Sadly for others the day to Barbados falls on a Sunday when all the shops are shut but for us it was fine as we have friends who live on the island so we spent the last day with them.

Little Gem on the Caribbean -the ABC's

Marella Celebration Cruise Review by Saldev

Saldev’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Celebration price drops

ROOM: we had room 236 which was a deluxe room, it was a nice big room and Queen bed and good pillows all of which was so comfy that we had no trouble sleeping .Location was on the 6th deck which was convenient to everything we needed and next to the upper level of the Broadway-we thought it would be noisy but it was not
  Marella Celebration Deck Plans