3. Azamara Quest
We were new to the Azamara brand of cruise ships. We wanted to tour Australia and New Zealand and cruising seems to be a good choice considering some mobility issues my mother had. She is also celiac and had dietary considerations. The staterooms are due to be renovated so out information will soon be out of date. Three of us shared a Club Continent Suite. We had plenty of storage space for all of our clothing. The bathroom size was good. In the future I would want one of the bathrooms with the new walk in shower. None of us used the tub and the edge to climb over was high. The ceiling is very low. There is a small step up into the bathroom. The size of the balcony was nice. We were all able to site out there to have tea or morning coffee. Gluten free food was well labeled at the buffet and the staff was good about helping her to preorder for the specialty restaurants or main dining room. The nights that we hadn't preordered worked out fine too. The bread choice was poor. The same type every day, every meal except for one day when they brought her a GF muffin. The afternoon tea cart always had a GF option. The not GF people were pleased too with the food. The Prime C was a favorite. Nice fresh squeeze juice at breakfast was appreciated. The only low point food service wise was the coffee esp at the buffet. We were ok with it for a couple of days but eventually switched to tea. Staff were uniformly pleasant and helpful. We attended trivia a few times and enjoyed it. My sister attended a jewelry making enrichment and was really turned off by the grabbing of beads and hoarding of them. She left in disgust. Speakers were interesting and well attended. I thought the port information and excursion presentations were well prepared. Weakest point of the cruise were the entertainments. I felt it often bordered on the cheesy. For example there was a classical guitarist one night, clearly talented. The taste level was lowered by having him play with a backing track and cartoon photos of the Godfather cast projected on a screen behind him. The Elvis inspired singer was a wasted evening. Azamazing night at Hobart was good followed by fantastic fireworks. Two Haka groups performed. I enjoyed them both but I think I preferred the high school aged group the most. It was nice to see the next generation learning the songs and dances. For excursions we combined ship and privately arranged trips. We did the Insider Access in Melbourne and enjoyed learning about Aboriginal Art. The Historic countryside tour in Tasmania felt a bit rushed and the wine tasting there was not well run or informative. During our trip the Quest hit some rocks entering some sounds. The ship lurched terribly to one side and then to the other. Passengers were not informed of the ship's condition for another 26 hours. We all new something had happened. I feel we should have been updated sooner.

Good First Time Experience

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by MNgardens

Staff were uniformly pleasant and helpful.

MNgardens’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Quest price drops

Club Continent Suite
Cabin N2
Comfortable and plenty of storage. I won't describe the furnishings because every thing will be renovated soon. Wish the bathroom had a night light on the hair dryer like some hotels have. We came to look forward to the afternoon tea service.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins