• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

19turkeys
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2015
Cabin:

My wife & I sailed The Mandalay in 1990 and had a wonderful experience. I decided that, since her death, I needed to add another sail to my bucket list. Through Internet research I found Island Windjammers, and they seemed to fill my needs. The goal was to return to Bequia and visit Mac's for another lobster pizza.

Island Windjammers is all about the islands. The ship is your taxi from point A to point B allowing you to experience island life to its fullest. If you are looking for stage shows, a cruise line that will book your airfare and hotels, this is not your cup of tea. You will book your own flight and hotel. (But IWJ will make hotel recommendations and provide discounts.)

We stayed at Allamanda Beach Resort prior to embarkation. It was adequate. There were some issues with our reservations and they fixed the issue quickly. The desk clerks were most accommodating and friendly. (Note: No food available on site.)

Plenty of space for such a small ship.

4 Helpful Votes