3. Disney Wonder
That being said, the adults that are bringing the kids are probably going to be disappointed. The focus of a cruise is itinerary, food and entertainment. Since we are a slightly mature couple couple, I will give the entertainment a pass as we did not attend or participate in a lot of the shows or events that were mostly geared towards kids. We did however attend a couple of shows by the comedian/entertainer/juggler Michael Jolly and were very pleased with his performances! Also, Magic Dave's magic show was very good. We walked out of the Golden Mickey show as we thought it was pretty lame. It was intended for adults as well as children, but we just thought is was lacking in real entertainment. For a huge name like Disney, I expected a lot more. Another reason we chose this cruise was itinerary. Overall it was pretty good, at least there was a different port most days to break up the trip. They could have left Grenada off the schedule. There was a lot of poverty in Grenada and I do feel for the people that live under those conditions. I know there are very poor places in the world and suffering that goes along with it, but this was vacation and seeing the abject poverty up close did take away from "paradise". Next up is the food. This was one of the main reason we chose Disney. At some point in the past we heard the food was supposed to be great. In reality, it was overhyped, too salty, too sweet, overdone and bland! A huge disappointment considering you pay a premium for a Disney cruise. The fish was overcooked and dry everytime, so I just quite ordering it. What a waste of seafood. The soups were way oversalted when they didn't need to be. The worst part was the later evening places to grab a bite. I think the burgers were a 50/50 meat/fat mix...very poor quality. The fries were not very good either, but I did spy some good looking steak fries in the dining room. Should have ordered them. The pizza they offered was limp and tasteless. I can make pizza ten times better at home! In the dining room, the servers were nice, but towards the end of the cruise they were stressing the importance of leaving a good dining review. I did leave a good review of "the dining experience" on their form for the servers sake, but did not rate the food good because it wasn't. Disney could have better food, but it would cost them more and they obviously care more about profit than providing a really quality product. There were a couple of things wrong with our cabin. When you took a shower there was still some water still coming out of the tub spout, so our shower pressure wasn't very good. A couple of the electrical outlets were very loose and a plug would not stay in them. NEVER again!

Don't waste your money, unless you're rich and have kids that just love Disney.

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by TennesseeTuxedo

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Standard Inside Stateroom

The focus of a cruise is itinerary, food and entertainment.

NEVER again!
TennesseeTuxedo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Wonder price drops

Standard Inside Stateroom
Cabin 11C
Our room was with restrictions and I understand that you may not get the best rooms they have, but NONE of the rooms should have audible noise coming from the common areas. Everynight we kept hearing this yelling and screaming and it was going on until midnight. At first we thought if was people yelling at each other like arguing, but we could also hear kids yelling and screaming. Towards the end of the cruise we finally found the source of the commotion. Our room was near the babysitting/children watching area of the ship. There's no way Disney should have ever made our room a statesroom with the very apparent lack of sound deadening! Disney's motive here is profit, not quality.
Sign me: Ripped off!