3. Norwegian Breakaway
First let me say that the crew from specialty restaurants to room steward and many others were at there best, they couldn't do enough. The washy washy folks had an on board guest who played guitar so they all had a jamming session quite often through the cruise at lunch and were quite good as seen by the crowd gathering. We did get off at St. Thomas shopping for booze prices at the pier but was told that Martinque was the better place, we were told this by a on board duty free staff member, but he was wrong St Thomas had the better prices. Having said that for those that don't know NCL on board store will match booze prices just use your camera and take pic bring back to ship. While it's not advertised like it was on the Epic in the early years. As it turned out NCL had the cheapest price of $22.00 for 2 bottle's of Captain Morgan spiced rum. As a side note I just saw our price in Canada one bottle is $38.15 each which is discounted $1.50. I also noticed that they didn't discount liquor on the first sea night before the first port to grab business but they did have a small sample tasting. We did get off in St Maarten to watch the planes come in but there wasn't much action due to snow storm through out the US. Martinque was the first time for this port so we just walked around and found all the interesting sites on our own including their amazing fruit/veg/ spice market. Ended up buying a bunch of vanilla beans. This port is the cleanness Caribbean port we've ever been to, just impeccable as were the locals and very pleasant and helpful. Didn't get off at the other ports as we've been to them many time’s before with the exception of St Kitts where we did the train tour which I highly recommend. You can only do this tour through the cruise as NCL gets it blocked for the day and runs numerous tours. It was a nice relaxing scenic tour being able to see the coast and the local neighbor hoods along the way, they served alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks and bottled water twice through out the ride. They also had three local teens singing a song from train car to train car. Would really recommend this tour. Entertainment/shows we did not do as was not a priority on this cruise for us and when you've seen the full blown Cirque Shows in Vegas the ships are anti climatic for us but I'm sue others plus kids enjoy the ship version. However we did stick our head into Fat Cats took a seat and immediately left as the venue is very small and the first note hit on the guitar sent us running as just way too loud for such a small venue. I would recommend taking ear plugs. Dining we only ate at the specialty restaurants as we’ve always done on our NCL cruises, for us its about having a relaxing quiet dinner, so we thought! Le Bistro we were shocked at the size and noise inside so we chose to sit out in the open the rest of times, this restaurant is our fav so we ate here 4 times. Great food great service. Cagney’s we tried to sit on the waterfront but the loudness screaming from one drunken table to the next was a really a disappointment to say the least. We ate here three times. Lu Cucina was the same as LeBistro and Cagney’s with obnoxious drunken folks being extremely loud and just flippin annoying. The food and service was as expected. Moderno’s I ate only the salad bar as it’s just top notch with items I don’t get at home such as hearts of palm, the best lobster bisque and many others. To me its worth the price alone. My partner ate the meat and such but found it very very salty, same as we found on the Epic. The service was all over the place with no one paying attention to the color of card showing and the main waiter seems to be falling over his feet while serving us and other table’s near by. But all was ok with us as we work in the service industry and we just wanted to take out ime. Tipping we have always tipped in the speciality restauarnts as the service has always been top notch but because we paid a 18% grat up front we chose NOT to tip on this cruise. Comments it’s clear that two sailing’s on large ships that they are not for us. Too many people, you need to almost push people out of the way as they stand in a group blocking the corridors all around the main area’s. Second reason it that the amount of drinking on board is just out of control and non stop which no doubt can be blamed on the UBP . The more they drank the louder, obnoxious, stupider and falling over happened and lets not forget throwing up which we witnessed twice. We have done many cruise’s with NCL and never saw the open bars so busy as they were on this cruise . Also people with two drinks in their hand. Which brings be to another point about the lack of control management have over the amt of drinks one can purchase/consume and any one time. We also witnessed a regular bartender in the Vibe the bartender was taking tips for making more than one drink at a time in fact he was making four for one person who then spread them around to friends, who no doubt didn’t have the pkg. We also saw the same person buy more drinks for a different bunch a day or two later. Tis went on clearly for the last week. All these folks started to converse loudly from one end of the Vibe to the other including from the soup stock pots. They were annoying, obnoxious and just sheer rude and didn’t care that there were a handful of others that just wanted to read, relax, sleep and soak up the sun. I thought the reason of purchasing the Vibe pass was to get away from all the craziness. Lastly and most concerning was at the officer’s Q&A session held about the second to last day. Many questions and favorable comments were exchanged and one person had asked how the DSC was divided up and the question was answered, however later on when someone asked about how the 18% gratuities we dived up and Prem the hotel director chose NOT to answer saying its none of our business, when pushed he said that NCL was a public company and there fore didn’t have to answer the question. I was glad this question had been asked as the subject has been discussed here on CC with people saying (including myself) that when staff on board were asked about the new grat’s they new nothing about it and some folks even chalked it up to the staff just saying that so they get more tips. Others can read into this however they feel! Then I got my turn and mentioned the out of control drinking and Prem said that the bartenders are suppose to monitor the drinking. When I asked the question a few in the audience agreed by applauding. And a woman behind me said NCL should build some jail cells. Perhaps were going to have to wait till a couple folks fall overboard or someone falls down the atrium staircase. Bottom line I think we are done cruising unless we can find another line that doesn’t have the UBP. Don’t take me wrong as we did our share of drinking in the restaurants and in our cabin using bar service which we had ordered before we boarded.

Very Disappointed

FranknBeans’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Aft-Facing Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1
Clean big enough, great balcony but couldn't use much because the gang beside us on on theirs at 2/3/4 in the morning smoking and drinking. Did I say smoking yep!
We called security but they would do nothing.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins