3. Norwegian Sky
Just back from a short 3 night cruise on the Sky. Read plenty of reviews before going as to what we should expect. This was super bowl weekend and the ship was close to full. Never did seem to be too crowded expect prime time for food around buffets. This is where I feel NCL has dropped the ball on this ship. We sailed the Getaway in 2014 and not one complaint on food, Sky needs to follow suit with the NCL brand. Choices was the same pretty much each day, nothing special about what was offered. Like others have posted, the grill out on the pool deck was better than the rest. Cagney's was worth the upcharge! Great service and quality of food. Overall, the food was a 3/4 out of 10. Pretty disappointing in my opinion. Entertainment, again nothing like the Getaway, maybe a show each day but the production was subpar. Comedian was good, white party was average. I feel the Sky did a good job on providing areas to watch the game and also bar foods were provided at the locations. Casino, I been on 10+ cruises now and this ship has to be the tightest with the slots. Never did I see any hand pays or even machines whistling. Casino executive host was good, make sure to go see her before your final bill is calculated. Rooms are out dated, the worst mattress we have ever slept on cruising. Overall, the ship is still in decent condition, just doesn't live up to the NCL brand. Embark/Debark was easy, boarded in group 1 and had lunch by 1140am. Unlimited beverages was great, I believe NCL has this wrapped within the overall prices now on your fares. I feel for the servers, as now the tips are not present, just make sure to have some cash to give, they are getting short changed on that deal. Overall, I will stick to the newer ships, hopefully NCL keeps the standards with all the ships, not just the 7+ day ones. Food was just the issue for us, not the NCL we are used to.

NCL Sky 2/5-2/8/16