3. Celebrity Silhouette
This was my first cruise on Celebrity and the first cruise on a large ship. My previous cruises have been on Paul Gaugin and Silversea. I was a little apprehensive embarking on such a large ship with significantly more passengers. I was very pleased with the overall experience. I was booked in a Sky Suite that provided several additional amenities. Pre Cruise The Celebrity web site and my travel agent provided very good information. A big minus is not being able to pre book excursions without immediately paying for them. As we had a ship board credit we wanted to use for the excursions. I booked to one excursion I really wanted and settled to book the others on board. Also the credit is per person so you need to make sure you book accordingly when on the ship. The second minus was not being able to pre book dinner reservations at the specialty restaurants even after you buy and pay for the package. This also had to be done on board which was not a big issue but it would have been easier to pre book. Onboarding Being in a suite enables you to use the express line when boarding so the process was extremely pleasant in spite of the large number of passengers boarding. I just wish I had read the brochure I was handed to know that lunch was available in the Luminae restaurant for suite guests! Instead we had lunch in the buffet. The Restaurants Unfortunately since we had bought a specialty dining package and had access to Luminae we did not eat in the main restaurant. The specialty dining package was well worth the price as we ate at most of them. The only down side was reminding the wait staff we had the premium drink package and did not want to buy additional wine. Tuscon – Great food and service. Excellent crème brûlée! Lawn Grill – One of the best. We ate there twice! Murano – Excellent Chateaubriand! Qsine – Not bad but probably would not eat there again. The food was okay but the concept of ordering multiple appetizers to make your meal is not to my liking. This was the only place I was annoyed with the waiter for persistently trying to sell me a “better” wine. The Entertainment Only saw one show as dinner took up most of the evenings. The Excursions Old and New San Juan – An older bus but a very friendly and informative driver. St. Kitts Train and Catamaran – The train ride was rather long and got boring after a while. The Catamaran back to the ship was excellent with great service, drinks and snacks! Catamaran and Snorkel-The experience was great but the crew was less than friendly. Overall Review Overall this was an experience on the Silhouette. My primary suggestion for improvement is to be able to pre-book excursions and not pay for them until on board and being able to make dinner reservations on line. I will definitely consider another cruise on Celebrity.

First Experience on Celebrity

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by SJS-TX

Pre Cruise

Onboarding

The Restaurants

Tuscon – Great food and service. Excellent crème brûlée!

Lawn Grill – One of the best. We ate there twice!

Murano – Excellent Chateaubriand!

The Entertainment

Only saw one show as dinner took up most of the evenings.

The Excursions

Old and New San Juan – An older bus but a very friendly and informative driver.

Overall Review

Overall this was an experience on the Silhouette.

I will definitely consider another cruise on Celebrity.
SJS-TX’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Sky Suite
Cabin S1 2115
The Cabin

The cabin was beautiful and very big with ample storage space and a very large balcony. The butler and the room staff quickly arrived and introduced themselves and answered all our questions. The bathroom was extremely spacious with plenty of drawer and cabinet space.

The only down side is the bizarre obsession of not providing bottled water even though we had the premium drink package.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins