3. Norwegian Sky
This may be a little lengthy, but worth it for those of you who read as many reviews as I did leading up to this cruise. First of all, my wife and I went on this cruise with her brother and wife as a short getaway. We are in our thirties with three kids, so we were looking for a fun time away from the kids while not spending a fortune. We basically chose this cruise because flights were cheap, the cruise itself was cheap, and it was all inclusive. I read a lot of reviews on the ship, and tried to keep an open mind when we arrived. We had gone on a Carnival cruise six years ago for our honeymoon and had an amazing time, so we found ourselves comparing everything to our first cruise. So here we go... Embarking and disembarking the ship was extremely easy and fast. Don't worry about getting to the port at your assigned time. We were let on an hour before we had signed up to embark the ship. I think the overall process of embarking took less than twenty minutes once we arrived at the port. Disembarking took even less. Once we arrived on the ship, we got our luggage within an hour or two. We went to the Crossings for lunch while we waited. Service was slow, but the food was good. We found that the service at both sit down restaurants were very slow. My wife even complained about her food one night, but they didn't really care. We mostly ate at the buffets, which always served something different every day. I thought the buffet food was pretty good. Yes they serve burgers and hot dogs everyday, but there is also plenty of other options as well. They will even cook turkey burgers or grilled chicken for you if you ask. Everyday, they had a BBQ poolside which was really good. The food at the private island was also very good. We ate at Il Adagios and Cagneys for dinner. The food was pretty good and the prices were pretty reasonable. I would recommend trying either at least once if you get tired of the buffet. I thought the service at the bars was pretty good. At peak times, the poolside bar would get pretty busy and you may have to wait a few minutes for a drink, but that's why they let you order two drinks at a time! Where I think they really dropped the ball is the amount of wait staff working poolside. Maybe two servers at a time is all you would see taking drink orders. Some servers wouldn't serve poolside while others would. I decided I would tip one server some cash. Armando took care of us for the hour or two he worked the pool deck, but then his shift would end and someone else would take over. This was the exact opposite that we experienced on our first cruise. As far as ports and excursions, we did not do any excursions. None of them really seemed that interesting. Freeport and Naussau are basically one in the same. Not much to really do but shop at either. I would save my time and money and stay on the boat during Freeport and go shopping at Nassau. The great stirrup cay was amazing. The food was great and the water was beautiful. Plenty of bars and beach to find your own spot. Some advice once you get off the tender. Do not be tempted to just walk to where the hundreds of chaise lounges are. Go to the left and the beach areas become smaller and more isolated. Keep walking a few hundred yards and you will find the lagoon if you want peace and quiet. Overall, we had fun and would probably cruise Norwegian again, just not on the Sky. If you are looking for a quick getaway for cheap, this is the ship for you. But if you are looking for an upscale, high end vacation, you will be very disappointed.

Decent Cruise for the Price; Lots of Room for Improvement

kdkeen09’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA 0321
We were on the tenth deck below the pool deck. We got a wake up call every morning at 630 as workers would move around deck chairs and push carts up and down the deck.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins