3. Coral Princess
My Dh and I, ages 56 and 50, just returned from a 6 day adventure on the Coral Princess. We were in mini suite, D328. Embarkation: great, we arrived at the time Princess recommended, walked through, checked in and photo taken and we were in our cabin within 20 minutes. Cabin: Pros: plenty of room, great bed, bedding, bathtub and most storage we have ever had on a ship, larger balcony. Cons: shower curtain, yuck. Uncovered balcony, shower is hard to get the hang of and no hot water from Saturday u til Monday afternoon. Public areas: not crowded and plenty of room except on the pool decks:Chair hogs were out in full force. Plenty of deck attendants around, but no one removing towels. We went out Tuesday morning at 8:15 am, put our towels and books down. There was 2 chairs beside of us with personal items in them. We went to eat breakfast and we're back in our chairs before 9:00am, the chairs remained empty until we went to our cabin at 3:00pm. This is so annoying and I know it is a problem on all ships. Food: I have had better. Horizon Court Buffet. I found very little that I liked and found it was poorly laid-out. Large salad bar, but main courses seemed like a mish-mash of leftovers, fruit was hard, not ripe, and sandwich meats looked like they were just old. Bordeaux Dining Room:Was okay. We ate there on three nights. The 2nd formal night had large lobster tails and jumbo prawn entire'. If was large and fresh and very good. Crab Pot: it took forever to be served and I thought that was because they were steaming each pot fresh. Ours was cold and had been sitting. What should have been a great meal was disappointing. Bayou Cafe and Steakhouse: Filet and seafood were excellent, jumbalya appetizer was great, but did not care for the Cagun sides. We would have preferred a more traditional steakhouse. Pizza and Burger Grill were very good. Coffee: was bad in the buffet and room service. Not fresh brewed. I guess they want you to buy it or a coffee card. Shows: we only watched the singer, sang Billy Joel, he was great. Movies Under the Stars: showed a great selection of fairly new movies, but the pool deck scream did not work until Wednesday, so they were showed in a louge and in rooms. Smaller ship, I thought the staff was great, no problems other than mechanical issues with the ship on weather related issues at Costa Maya. This ship was just out of dry dock and had many problems.

Coral Princess; Not Ready for Prime Time!

Coral Princess Cruise Review by bearandjen

We were in mini suite, D328.

Pizza and Burger Grill were very good.

Shows: we only watched the singer, sang Billy Joel, he was great.

This ship was just out of dry dock and had many problems.
bearandjen’s Full Rating Summary