3. Carnival Miracle
This was my first trip to Hawaii and it certainly lived up to expectations. Hawaii is a most incredible place to visit and I would certainly recommend going! However, I would most definitely not recommend going with Carnival! I'm so disappointed as I have sailed with Carnival twice before, once on this very ship, the Miracle and once on the Sunshine, and they were very good. However, I feel budget cuts have really caused the 'fun' to leave Carnival cruises. The ship is fine, the staff a generally friendly, the ports are amazing and the trips which we went on were brilliant. NOW THE BAD...... The food is awful. Breakfast consists of a very small selection of dishes, including soggy toast, powder eggs, what appeared to be tinned fruit and dry oatmeal. There are other things, but this is all I could manage to eat, I will explain why later!! Lunch buffet is OK. Pretty boring choices, but it's edible. More than I can say for the restaurant. The dining room (restaurant) had hardly any choices and i'm afraid to say on all of the occasions I visited it didn't enjoy a single meal. This is because the food is cheap, it's cheap cuts of meat and tiny portions, all very bland and boring. The biggest joke of all was that I was served pork, or an extremely bad piece of meat, which they claimed to Beef! My dish was completely different to the others who ordered that same thing, including looking and tasting like PORK to 9 other people, except for the waiters and head waiter!!!! This for me was unacceptable, especially as they stuck with 'no sir it's beef' line. Ridiculous. The buffet at dinner, don't even bother unless you want 1 of 3 main dishes, usually one which one was potentially sickness inducing fish. You really are stuck for choice on this ship. If you have a long cruise you would really struggle. Finally, the reason as to why I will never sail with Carnival again. (Potentially) Food poisoning, sickness and Hygiene. There was one night where several people in my group were very sick, due to what we assumed was food poisoning. They had all eaten the lobster. 2 of them missed the first port. Later in the cruise more people became sick, the trend was eating in the dining room, I was one of them. Let me tell you I would have paid the price of the cruise to NOT ever feel that ill again! Now, it may have been a bug brought onto the ship or a virus etc. but, that still doesn't let Carnival off the hook as the hygiene was shocking! Hardly any hand washers, no one enforcing hand sanitising and grubby passengers. Personally I believe it was food poisoning, no doubt carnival will say it was a virus, which was brought onto the ship, so there isn't much they can do, and people should have told guest services. If you had the sickness, you would realise that you can't tell guest services as your head is down the sink and you butt is on the toilet!!!!! I would avoid this cruise for the reasons above.

Sort out your hygiene Carnival!!

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Hurricane11