3. Disney Dream
We are a family of 3, me my wife and 1 year old son. This was our first cruise with Disney and I don't think it will be our last. Before and after the cruise we stayed at the disney world resort so we used the disney transfers, this was very well organized. You also don't have to worry about your luggage they pick it up at your hotel early in the morning and it will show up in your stateroom. We left the hotel at 11am and arrived at 12.20pm by the port. The embarkation was very quick, we walked on the ship at 12.45pm. When you walk on the ship you'll arrive in the ships beautiful atrium where you are greeted by the crew, which are all giving perfect service from beginning to end. Our cabin was ready one hour later. We had a deluxe oceanview stateroom on deck 8 fwd with one porthole, looking out over the ships bow. It was a very nice cabin with enough space for the 3 of us even with the crib for my son. Also the split bathroom was a nice feature. We had a very friendly stateroom stewart who did a perfect job keeping the room nice and clean every day. After checking our cabin we had lunch in the buffet restaurant Cabana's. The food was good en there was plenty to choose from. The only thing with the buffet was that it closed for a few hours after breakfast and then again after lunch. And on the last sea day it didn't open for dinner. The rotational dining seemed nice but we couldn't make use of it much. Because when we booked, the first seating was already fully booked and the second seating was just too late for our son. You can be put on a waiting list for first seating as we did but did't had any luck with this. We did try it one night and ate in the royal court. The food was very good and our waiters did an excellent job. They also noticed my son was tired and tried to help keeping him entertained and brought our food very quick. The ship itself was very beautiful both from the outside and inside. Also we took a look at the youth places during the open hours and it looked very nice with lots of fun thing to do. The nursery for the little ones also looked very nice and the staff was also very friendly, we didn't make any use of it we just looked around there. The pools for the family's were also fun only our son couldn't use them because he's still in diapers, but he liked the splash area for the younger ones very much. I also spent some time at the quiet cove pool, the adults only area. Most of the time there was almost no one there. It was a very nice place to hang out when my wife and son were taking a nap in the cabin. Also the other adults area on deck 13 fwd satellite sun deck was very nice and relaxing with a nice view. During the day there are lots of activities for young en old to enjoy. My son also liked the character meetings very much. The shows in the theater are very nice. Also they show movies in the cinema day and night. There is so much to see and do on this ship that this 4 night sailing was too short to experience it all. On this sailing we stopped at Nassau and Castaway Cay. In Nassau we just walked off the ship for some photo's and then we went back on. When we were on Castaway Cay it was a very windy day, therefore all excursions were cancelled. But we still had a fun day at the beach, this island is very beautiful and with enough to do for everyone wether you're looking for an active day or a quiet relaxed day. In the evening back on the ship it was pirates night with an amazing "disney" style fireworks at sea. On the sea day we spend most of the day by the pool which was very crowded but again at the quiet cove pool almost nobody there. On disembarkation day we were sad that we had to leave after a beautiful cruise with a great staff who all work very hard to give you a good time. We choose to walk off the ship with our luggage and this went very smooth, we walked off the ship and within 10 min we were in the bus back to the resort. This was our first time with disney and we had a wonderful time. I hope we can soon take another cruise with them, maybe a transatlantic so we can fully explore the ship.

Disney Dream Cruise

Disney Dream Cruise Review by Wgetaway

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Porthole (obstructed view)

We left the hotel at 11am and arrived at 12.20pm by the port.

The embarkation was very quick, we walked on the ship at 12.45pm.

Wgetaway’s Full Rating Summary
Get Disney Dream price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Porthole (obstructed view)
Cabin 09C 8002
Very spacious and clean room with a nice view over the ships bow. It's located on deck 8 fwd, because your in the very front of the ship you do feel the motion of the ship very well but wasn't a problem for me. The spilt bathroom and divider curtain were great features.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins