• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Carnival Sensation Review

Editor Rating
2 Awards

Cruising for 15 years; this is the 1st time I've wanted to write a review.

Review for Carnival Sensation to the Bahamas
90daybreak
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2016
Cabin: Ocean View

My sister suggested I try Carnival because I prefer RCI so why not, we cruise every year just for a break. Very disappointing, service, food quality and lack of enthusiasm . The crew spent little if anytime ensuring you had the best time possible, they seemed as though they were doing a job each day and you were just part of the work area. Chipping paint off the the deck rails on the deck above the pool with a hammer and chisel in the afternoon does not make for a great day at the pool.

Dishes remained around the pool area way to long the guest were removing dirty dishes to other tables to make room to sit. It was so bad until when we pulled into Nassau the pool area was engulfed by sea gulls attacking the dirty plates with the passengers running to get out of the way. If you are accustomed to eating at Ryan's or Golden Corral the buffets are good for you, just not my cup of tea. The dinners were fair at best but the wait staff doing conga lines in the middle of your meal every night is not my expectation for dinner with newly met friends. Having the serving trays and meals being brought to the dining room floor and watching them being cleaned while having your dinner is not what I was accustomed to on a cruise ship.

Last but not least the night before disembarkation there was a knock on my door from security who indicated I took a picture of a crew member and that wasn't allowed. The crew member posed for the picture. He ask me to delete the picture but we all know nothing leaves the digital world. If Carnival is the only line you've cruised, try some others you may be very surprised.

Ocean View