Pacific Eden Cruise Review

First trial at cruising to Mornington Peninsula

Pacific Eden Cruise Review by Cruiseonce

• Sail Date: Jan 2016
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand

We booked the cruise long before we realised it was a renovated ship, rather than a brand new ship, and before it made its maiden journey in Australia. This was our first ever cruise and 4 nights seemed a good idea to try it. We are early 60s.

We continued to read the reviews and they were not very favourable slowly improving from a 19% approval to 23% by the time we departed. Like many others we were a little worried, however, we were pleasantly surprised.

We had a cabin on level 6, pleasant enough with an extremely comfortable bed (the divided mattress type) and pillows. The shower hot and strong and loo worked. It had a small lounge but unfortunately no fridge. This was an issue as I needed it to keep medicines cold and had requested it a few weeks prior. Fortunately problem was fixed by departure by our fabulous room steward.

We only ate at the Pantry and we preferred that concept over a buffet, and we enjoyed the food that we had. We had a few cocktails and bought the soft drink package.

We found the embarking and disembarking very smooth and our trip from the ship to Mornington Peninsula and return also well organised.

Overall we enjoyed the experience but enough to know that we are probably not 'cruise people'. We were disappointed in the entertainment generally speaking. The trivia games and shows ran for a short time and we did not go to the theme nights. The movies were often very old eg Big, Mumma Mia. We were surprised by how many people have done 20 plus cruises though.

The other reason I will never do another cruise is I was very seasick, almost as soon as I was out of Sydney Heads. I had taken Kwells and later tried the tablets bought from reception called Avomine. Sadly, a few hours later I was at the medical centre receiving an injection by the nurse. This was not cheap but I would never complain as it fixed the problem somewhat but I still could not go up to the higher levels of the ship when the seas were rougher. I mention this for people like me that suffer motion sickness easily that the Pacific Eden may not be the best ship to try.

Cruiseonce's Full Rating Summary

Cabin OC 6082

Comfortable but no fridge. No complaints at all. Room steward fantastic.

Cruiseonce