Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by RGB63

• Sail Date: Jan 2016
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2C

My wife and I were in Florida for the month of January celebrating my retirement. We found this 2 night cruise and thought it would be a great way to end the month. We had been on 9 Royal Caribbean cruises and had been told Celebrity is a step up when it comes to cruising. Well, I would not recommend Celebrity to anyone. I am grateful it was only 2 nights as any longer would have really been aggravating.

The service in the cafeteria was poor. I had my plate of food in hand and came upon a table that was available but needed cleaned. I asked the employee standing at the work station next to it if she could have someone clean it. She seemed to be annoyed yet did picked up a very wet rag and attempted to wipe the table. She hit about 2/3's of it missing the crumbs on the one side. No one in the cafeteria seemed to appreciate the fact that we paid to be on the cruise they have CHOSEN to work on.

The food in the cafeteria was also a let down. The baked cod was hard on the outside and soggy in the center. The BBQ chicken had a good flavor but was dry inside. Some of the food was cold. My wife went for salad several times only to find the ranch dressing to be empty.

The food in the main dining area was good yet the servers weren't as personable as we have enjoyed on our previous cruises.

I was told by some of the fellow cruisers that this was only a 2 day cruise which isn't the normal routine. My advice would be to leave the ship docked rather than take a poor 2 day cruise where customers do not get quality treatment.

Overall, it seemed like the employees did not want to be there.

Reuben