3. Carnival Spirit
Firstly I would like to say we had a great time on the cruise but now we've ticked that box would be unlikely to do this again. Perhaps we will try a shorter cruise. I am worried that this will become the new 'Bali Bogan Holiday' for some. Thank god there were no Bintang singlets on board. Although a couple of families had us thinking! FOOD - Food in the buffet on the Lido deck was really good. Choices were many. The problem that I had was watching some very weight challenged cruisers overeat it was a real turn off. The amount of food wastage was criminal. The Empire Restaurant was great we ate their every night the service was excellent. Plenty of variety of food and the Chocolate Melting Cake was a favourite at our table. ROOM - We were in an Internal Quad Room with four in the room the bunks were dropped from the roof but we had enough room it wasn't too bad. The beds were really comfortable. The room was pitch black so you could sleep in for half the day and you wouldn't have a clue about the time. The small ensuite was tight but did the job. If I did do another cruise a room with a balcony would be my choice. Our Room Service guy was great he was such a friendly and professional guy. Loved the towel animals. ENTERTAINMENT - Variety Shows, Bingo, Trivia, Karaoke, Comedy & Art Auction just to name a few there was something for everyone. Our favourite had to be the Marriage Show were 3 married couples were on the stage answering questions, some of the couples were hilarious. This show was only a once off show for the cruise and if it had been a daily event I would have definitely gone everyday. The comedy on the ship was top notch our favourite comedians were a guy called someone Whitely and a long haired Irish guy. Very funny! FAMILIES - Most people on board were very nice and friendly. Others were rude & loud. Some parents could control their children better. Comedians attempting to do a show had to cope with the interruptions from children who would just wonder on to the stage - not sure where the parents were. Most comedians subtly dropped jokes about 'Bogan Children' but the parents didn't seem to get it! Kids club was fantastic for parents with young children and I'm sure they had a ball. SMOKING - Why? INTERNET - No Internet unless you want to pay $159 for 480min. The connection was very slow. I personally found the break from Internet refreshing. No Facebook is always a healthy option. SERENITY DECK - Over 18yrs only. A great area to go for a break. Get in really early to get a Pod. Plenty of lounge chairs and a few hammocks. A daily entertainer sang and they had some really good singers. The only issue that I had in the Serenity area was there was one family who would reserve at least 3 pods many sun lounges and the hammocks. Some of these would remain vacant for at least 3 hours - this I found very selfish. But the people running this area were beautiful. ISLAND STOPS - Mystery Island - Lovely little Island snorkelling was good. LIFOU - Great Snorkelling, beautiful church on the hill had great views. This little Island had it's own very short runway. We were lucky enough to see a plane arrive and take off. No WHS here and that is what makes it special. Noumea - Not a very nice place I recommend taking a tour to Duck Island or Amadee Island. These Islands were apparently well worth it but get in early as they are booked out quick. There is a bus that you can catch around Noumea getting on and off as you please - take a look at the Aquarium it was worth it! There is also a little train that travels around to show you different parts of Noumea. Vila - I found this port stop a little intimidating, as you step off the ship there are locals vying for your business. We settled on 1 local who organised for us to take a tour to a couple of different destinations in Vila, we travelled through a village, showed us some local tourist spots and took us to Cascade Falls. Cascade Falls although nice was overpopulated and a little dangerous. I would not recommend this to anyone who is frail. STAFF - I could not fault staff they are the friendliest and most professional people. Always polite and nothing was a problem. If you do go on a cruise please treat these people with respect. The staff appear to work very long hours, they are away from their families for months at a time so I hope that they are rewarded well for their efforts by Carnival. EMMA - The Cruise Events Manager - to be honest when we first heard her voice we thought OMG we have to listen to this woman for 10 days! However Emma works really hard and is really talented with what she does. She hosted many shows and was entertaining. We came home with a few little sayings like 'Lovelies' & 'Lovely Jubblie'. We take our hat off to you Emma. MEDICAL CENTRE - Unfortunately we had reason to see the staff at the medical centre. One of our group grew quite sick and the ships doctor decided that it was time to send the young man to hospital. Day 5 and he and his dad were medically evacuated. The medical staff were fantastic and followed up on his condition often. The ship crew and captain showed concern and handled the situation professionally. Thankyou Medical and Ship staff. By the way there is a Gym on board, I was going there everyday before I left. I went there once! My review is written from the heart and we truly enjoyed our vacation Thanks

1st Time Cruisers

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by lisajane

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior

SMOKING - Why?

My review is written from the heart and we truly enjoyed our vacation

Thanks