3. Pacific Aria
Never having been on a cruise before, I came across this website and thought it would be a good way to get some insight. I read about 30 reviews from guests aboard Pacific Aria since 2015. The large majority were so negative I became very apprehensive about our forthcoming cruise. I wondered if I had made a mistake in booking because the reviews complained about everything about this ship - the staff were withdrawn, the food was mediocre, the cabins leaked and toilets overflowed. Staying home sounded like a better option. Well we did attend our cruise - a three night Food and Wine Cruise from Brisbane - leaving January 29. It was nothing at all like those negative reviews. In fact, we loved every moment and found the staff, the food, the cabins and the ship's public areas more than satisfactory. It was a great weekend away! The extreme negativity oozing from the reviews is simply inaccurate, and says more about the reviewer than the cruise itself! Sure some guests may have experienced unfortunate incidents, but perfection is an unachievable goal in holidays, and indeed life. If you believe the staff to be withdrawn and unfriendly, try smiling and saying thank you. We witnessed quite rude manners from other guests on our cruise, particularly in the food venue, the Pantry. I found that by being courteous to the staff, they responded in kind. Other positives: the bedding and linen was very clean and crisp, waiting at food venues was manageable, and often times we walked straight in to be seated, the entertainment was enjoyable (a comic hypnotist one night and a song and dance production the other), the kids club was relaxed and fun, food was accessible, plentiful and of a good standard. As my first introduction to cruising, it was a good start. I would definitely go on another cruise with P&O. Don't let the bad reviews put you off!

Exceeded our expectations

Pacific Aria Cruise Review by Shipshape mama

Don't let the bad reviews put you off!
Shipshape mama’s Full Rating Summary