3. Adventure of the Seas
Traveled with 5 other couples who were celebrating a 25th anniversary or turning 50. A mix of experienced cruisers, and newbies (me 2nd cruise). Ship: the layout, organization, amenities, and choices on the Adventure of the Seas was awesome. I would sail this class of ship again for sure. Activities: normally, I'll bet the choices of mid to large venue offerings would have been better i.e. movie choice inside vs Royal production or headliner. However, our cruise had 400-500 drag queens that normally took one of the large or mid-size (ice rink/screening room seating 400-500) every evening. This also included some of the lounges as well. While the impact was minimal early in the week, by Tuesday it became obvious and the impact grew. The trip was far from ruined, but because of the type and size of the group if they wanted to overwhelm a venue they did. Entertainment: the headliners were from Vegas and actually quite good. I cannot comment on the Royal large venue entertainers as I mentioned above there were fewer shows and I chose headliners vs Royal. Service: this was the biggest disappointment for sure. The 'common area' service was non-existent and I must say, atrocious. The pool deck, large venue, or lounge if you wanted a drink, towel, etc you were getting up to get it. While I'm not pretentious, my first cruise on Princess I was asked consistently if I needed anything. In general, this ship seemed to be having a crew issue (possibly an illness outbreak the previous week? based on the late start of boarding - including consecutive cruisers who were asked to leave the ship and RCI loyalty cruisers who had to wait according to several conversations during the cruise). The bar tenders were extremely deliberate - or just plain slow! Even cash tipping up front didn't seem to make much of a difference. Cabin: as expected and satisfied. I will say it was loud - it is one of the few adjoining room options on the ship. We could hear every word and other things 'wink wink' from our neighbors at all hours. Fitness: the walking/running course is in a very populated pool deck. Better get up ral early (5 am), or you will be slaloming children, old couples, and fat people like me. It will be impossible to keep a scheduled pace otherwise. Summary: While I really liked the class of ship, the service experience will most likely prevent my wife and I from sailing this ship again. I understand it is going for a major renovation in May 2016. Maybe a completely new staff will make a difference in the future?

Service: Staff Troubles / Ship: Fantastic Layout and Choices