Queen Victoria Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2016
Cabin: Princess Suite

We embark the Queen Victoria bound for Copenhagen in Denmark. The ship is stunning – very similar to Queen Elizabeth with a Chart Room in place of Britannia Club on Queen Elizabeth. Our Princess Grill suite on deck 6 is fantastic – we really liked it. However we did find that we used the ‘living area’ of the suite as a clothes dump on the sofa. We didn’t watch the second TV in the suite at all and if anything it was a pain when using the remote control to turn the bedroom TV on – the other TV also came on! It took us a while to work out what the reflection was in the patio balcony doors – it was the second TV!

We enjoyed the Princess Grill restaurant but like 2 trained monkeys we went for dinner every night at 8.30pm – the Britannia second sitting training is not lost on us! I order most of my dinners from the Britannia regular food menu, leaving the A La Carte menu to other passengers who are having everything ‘flambéed’ and cooked at the table – I can’t wait for that!! I am hungry and order so a proper chef cooks it and not a Maître D who warms it up by my table! By the time he’s set light to his hostess trolley I may have passed out of starvation. Giles is a little more adventurous and orders from the ‘A La Carte’ menu one night – prawns provincial and is then up all night being sick!!!

There was a nice crowd on board – we met lots of the other gay guests at the 5 o’clock Friends of Dorothy meeting. They were fun.

Princess Suite

Cabin P2

It was lovely!

24 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Queen Victoria Cruise from $299

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.