3. Silver Explorer
We are experienced cruisers (over 600 nights most of these on Regent) but this was our first experience on an Expedition cruise. It was amazing and surreal seeing all the beauty and wildlife Antarctica offers. We quickly fell in love with the Silver Explorer. It's easy to find your way around and the crew was outstanding. The Expedition staff was always available and helpful. They were excellent and very very knowledgeable in their fields of expertise. The briefings were well attended and very informative. Our favorite landings were in South Georgia. I would 100% recommend going to South Georgia even if it means delaying your trip an extra year to save money for the extra cost. It is positively worth the additional time and expense and a MUST see. The heavy red parkas are provided by Silversea and we also used their "loaner" rubber boots as did most others. Our fellow passengers were well traveled and friendly. With open seating, it's easy to make new friends. There are also lots of tables for two if you prefer. We were fortunate to have relatively calm seas crossing the Drake passage with only one afternoon of excessive high swells. This had been one of my biggest concerns but luckily it never was as bad as I feared. Without hesitation, I highly recommend this cruise on the Silver Explorer....just make sure it includes South Georgia.

The BEST Cruise Ever!

petlover’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Explorer price drops

View Suite
Cabin VS 321
The cabin and especially the bathroom was much smaller than we have been used to but once unpacked, it was very doable. We were happy to have the window as well. The midship lower location was perfect, close to reception and the mud room also on Deck 3. They made excellent use of the space with plenty of storage. There was always plenty of immediate hot water in the shower/tub combination. We have booked Cabin 321 again for our 2017 Silver Explorer cruise in the Arctic.
Deck 3 Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins