3. Oasis of the Seas
We generally cruise with Princess however, three years ago we saw the Oasis and had to try it. We did and six months later we cruised the Allure. At that time, we we're blown away by the ship and the food, specially the shows!! After two more princes cruises, 10 in all now, we just cruised the Oasis. Bad choice. First off, the ship is still magnificent and shows are not to be beaten BUT, thats where the compliments end. Other than our room steward and ONE waiter in the speciality dining, the crew was generally disgruntled and put out by every guest request request! "not my job", "ask that person over there" and just being ignored by a server in the cafe in Central park was the attitude of the crew. NEVER had that on Princess. Now the real interesting part for me as I am in the food, protein business and know the quality on meats purchased. They have obviously cut way back on the grade and quality of protein they purchase from tender and flavorful to keep chewing and don't swallow! They are very much aware of this as in the main dining room which I uses twice and could not take it anymore, they offer a strip steak on the menus BUT, if you want one you can chew and swallow, its $30 extra. The chicken used is so tough and rubbery that had they stewed it, it may have been edible. RC is building some of the nicest most interesting ships on the ocean and cutting back in their quality of service and food to pay for it. $2.50 for popcorn!!! Come on, next they will charge for tap water. Sorry for the rant but I had to get my feelings in writing. This is my very first post ever and probably my last as this is now what I do but, this past expensive experience with great expectations and poor delivery had to be written by me. Bad crew attitude and poor service coupled with horrible food both in quality and preperation has thankfully sent me back to Princess. RC is truly a Bloomingdales building providing Dollar General culinary and service, maybe the .99 cent store, I may give that one some thought. HELLO Princess next cruise.

Bloomingdales Building; Dollar General Service