3. Anthem of the Seas
Sailing on the anthem on 1/15/2016 Family of 4 with 2 young children. First lets get this part out of the way. Weather is a roll of the dice. You don't know what you are going to get when you sail out of the North in the winter, We were hit hard with 2 very bad sea days and the ship was diverted on the way home to avoid a snow storm and we were given a free day at sea. So we had an 11 day cruise. Out of the 11 days pools and all outside activities were closed for 4.5 of those days. No North Star, No I Fly nothing on deck. Keep that in mind. The ship itself is grand and new. Most of the reason we booked. The internet was as advertised and very fast even though they smack you over the head with the cost. It was 360.00 with my discount to get all 4 devices of our family connected. They did refund us 100.00 when they opened internet for free to the whole ship. We liked the technology. Our room. How can i say it. This room made our cruise. It was beautiful coming in at 850 Square ft. I have never had the chance to sail in a room of this stature and I loved it and so did my family. We were throwing the football around in it, that's how big it was. The two floor design was insane and the views from the back of the ship were priceless. After this trip it would be hard to sail another way. Although with a price tag, We were just under 14K for the 11 days for 4 guests. One of the nicest rooms on the Seas hands down. Our biggest negative of this cruise was being a suite guest. When I book a suite and give you 14K I expect nothing but the best. RCCL cant even compare how NCL treats their suite guests in the Haven area. I think RCCL is seeing the error of there ways as the whole program is changing and on the new ships like Harmony suite guests are on there own private floor with access to every thing close. That is not the case on the Anthem. The concierge lounge is on Deck 12 at the back of the ship near our room but there was no way to get there. You had to walk to mid ship up two floors and then back to get to the room. The Concierge did not even go out his way to introduce him self or say hello the worst pair of Concierge I have ever seen. If you did not go see them you were out of look. He liked to send a 5 minute Voice Mail everyday. The Sun deck was great its a private Suite only deck above the ship. However they hardly had the furniture out and when they did there was no service up there. They should have waiters and people so you can order food. A very big disappointment. The plus about being in a suite is you could go to any show or event you want with no reservations. Your gold card gave access. I sill had to pay for all specialty restaurants and drink packages and the internet and gratuity. On NCL that is all included. I feel like RCCL was trying to nickel and dime us to death on very stupid remedial things. Also you have reserved show seats to all shows but they give them up 10 min prior to the show. Suite area should be help so whenever you want to show your seat is waiting. They also don't enforce these areas. I saw non suite guests in the roped off pool area where they did not belong and nobody to say otherwise. The Coastal kitchen was a suite only dinning room. We could go for breakfast lunch and dinner. We got to know the staff and they were 5 star. Also it was relaxing with beautiful views. It kept you away from the masses in the windjammer. The only negative on this place was the menu was the same for 10 days are you kidding me? There were enough complaints that the chef started doing a nightly special and it helped a little but come on RCL. Long story short there are not many advantages to being a suite guest. RCL has a long way to go and the service has to increase. We are used to getting deserts and not stop special food and fruit delivered to our room everyday on RCL there was hardly anything. When you pay big money you don't want to be nickled and dimmed to death. RCL should be embarrassed. Now that my Suite rant is over. On to the rest. 270: Awesome space. The shows here were impressive and so is the technology with 12K screens picture is insane. Had lots of fun here. RipCord: Entire family loved it. So much that a 6 year old I know is having is Birthday party at the one in Elmsford in NY. Wave rider: My one boy loved it my little guy got left out. RCL is a little out of control with height restrictions. My little guy did this everywhere we went this summer and is quite good but was not allowed on the Anthem due to the 52" rule. This was the same stupid rule for the bumper cars. I felt bad for my little guy. Bumper Cars and Trapeze: Besides Height requirements get there early. Casino: Pretty standard. I had a blast there. Kids Club: My boys both enjoyed it, The staff was great. Its all we could ask. Royal Theater: Accept for my rant about the seats above we loved the shows. We will Rock you was good, a little long. We loved the last 20 min it made the show. Didnt care much for the first 1hr. However the female lead is 5 star the Male lead for sure needs some work I think he over plays the role. The Gift: We loved it. Tons of action packed into 50min. It was perfect. The sets were amazing and so was the entire cast. We loved the story line even with all the bad reviews I don't get it we thought is was awesome. So good we saw it twice. Entertainment: I think abe was squeezing what he could out of the performers. A few shows were on the fly. But all was OK for a cruise ship. Dining : Let me save you some time we thought anything that was free was absolute garbage. The food quality has gone down so far its quite amazing. We stuck to the specialty restaurants and were pleased. I think we did Chops 3 times and Jamie's 3 times along with the Chefs table. They are worth the cover believe me. The rest of our dining was done in Coastal Kitchen. I think they are trying to make the free food so bad they force you into a pay for dinning format. Wind Jammer: Was there twice with the kids due to time issues. Its unbelievable how it runs like a cattle farm. People everywhere totally inedible food and everyone sits and eats it blows my mind. No where to sit. Washing of hands everything about it turn us off. We hate this place more then any other spot on the ship. If you are about the masses this place is all for you. Shame on RCL for letting the standards wind down so low in this operation. Its not the staff its the quality of the garbage they have to serve. As for all the negative reviews I don't see it. The ship and islands were a blast. I have done the Southern Carri bean many times so I don't feel it necessary to comment on the islands. They are all great in different ways. The staff we feel was great and did a very good job with no negative attitudes. The Cruise director was a nice guy and we enjoyed his morning show it was entertaining if you participated in the shout outs. Corney but entertaining none the less. I would recommend the ship it was fun. Just not sure its worth it as a suite guest. Stick to specialty dinning and you will have a good time. RCCL if you are listening stop nickle and dimming the customers its starting to get ridiculous. Treat your Suite guests better if you want us to come back.

Detailed Review from a Grand Loft Suite Guest and Family

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by YankeesFan224

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Grand Loft Suite
Sailing on the anthem on 1/15/2016

Family of 4 with 2 young children.

Now that my Suite rant is over. On to the rest.

Bumper Cars and Trapeze: Besides Height requirements get there early.

Casino: Pretty standard. I had a blast there.

Kids Club: My boys both enjoyed it, The staff was great. Its all we could ask.

YankeesFan224’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Grand Loft Suite
Cabin GL 10724
First off let me start by saying that this room was the nicest cruise ship room I have ever had the opportunity to sail in. The room it self was fully 5 stars and by itself made my vacation. I know that's hard to believe but 100% the truth. The layout and feel are just grand. Make sure you reserve the right grand loft suite. The ones on the corners are not even close to the size and grand elegance of the ones dead middle back of ship.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins