3. MSC Divina
I will start off saying that I have cruised on NCL, Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Celebrity and NEVER have I experienced anything remotely close to the HELL I experienced on the MSC Divina! I boarded the MSC Divina in Miami as part of the Def Leppard cruise. I was excited to be going on this ship as my sister has sailed on it several times and raved about it. While it was an amazingly beautiful boat, the only pros on this ship were the size of our room and our wonderful room steward. Embarking on the ship was fine. When I did my on-line check-in, the computer crashed, so when I checked in on the boat I told the agent that I needed to confirm the credit card used for my onboard account and verify that I was not charged for two alcohol packages (MSC's site crashed while I was doing my on-line check-in). I was told I had to go to customer relations onboard. I thought that was a little odd because any other cruiseline I have sailed on handled these issues at check-in. No big deal. I go stand in line at customer relations and a very rude agent advised me that my credit card was not charged for onboard credit and I had to use the kiosk to load money onto my onboard account. That was their standard practice. I have never had to do that before and it was a little bit of an inconvenience, but so be it. I also asked the agent about my drink packages and she advised me that I had to go to the casino to pick up my drink tickets. Another line to stand in was inconvenient when others were purchasing their drink packages right at the customer relations area, but again, not a big issue. Muster drill was a bit of a hassle because unlike the other cruiselines, you have to actually bring your life jacket with you and then return it to your room. This was an inconvenience because we then had to run to sailaway so as not to miss the sailaway party featuring some of the bands we were there to see. These little inconveniences were nothing compared to what we were to face for the next 4 days! Food - absolutely DISGUSTING. Black Crab Dining Room - We tried the dining room twice and there were very little items to choose from and what we did have, was horrible. Service was extremely slow as well. Buffet - Nothing but a fast food area with a little bit of pasta. The buffet was mainly pizza, burgers, hot dogs, tuna and chicken sandwiches. There was one station offering various pastas, but they were mediocre at best. There was an "ethnic" station which was horrible, a salad bar, some fruit and a few desserts. I have NEVER gone hungry on a cruiseship before, but all that was edible on this boat was pizza. After four days of solely eating pizza, I never want to see pizza again! Being so disgusted with the dining room and the buffet, we attempted a pay restaurant. That was no better. As we sat down in the Italian restaurant, the gentlemen behind us was complaining to the waitress that his pasta was undercooked and his steak was overcooked. I can't confirm this because I jumped up and ran out at that point! I didn't need to spend money on the same horrible food I was being served elsewhere! When I returned home and asked my sister about the food she had when she was on the MSC Divina (as a regular cruiser, not part of a charter), she was telling me about wonderful lobster tails and shrimp. I couldn't believe it. I can't confirm this, but I wonder if MSC may have downgraded our food because we were part of a charter? Drinks - Epic fail! First of all, to get a drink anywhere took extremely long. But worse than that, I ordered a drink package. On board, I was told that my drink tickets included mixed drinks such as pina coladas, drinks of the day, wine, beer, etc., but never in my life was I ever charged for MIXERS! Yes, Mixers! I.e., I ordered vodka & cranberry and the vodka was included but not the cranberry! My friend was drinking vodka & soda water and they wanted to charge for that as well! Organization - Note that this was a Def Leppard cruise and that there were a lot of people that booked this cruise not knowing that. I understand the concern and believe those individuals should have been advised of the Def Leppard patrons. I did not experience a problem with this, however, I heard there were many angry patrons who were NOT there as part of the Def Leppard cruise and were not happy. Note that I had sailed on a prior cruise on Royal Caribbean and when I boarded, I did not know it was a Harley Davidson cruise, so this is probably the norm on the cruiseships. (I did have an awesome time though). However, where MSC fails is that due to horrid weather (we were unable to disembark at one port), the bands were not able to play outside (a part of which we paid for as members of the Def Leppard cruise). Rather than MSC accommodating our group, we were sandwiched into a small lounge and were completely agitated and miserable. I think MSC should have moved some of their other shows around to accommodate our group. Misleading Salespeople at the Photo Area - We had taken several photos which we purchased. I met someone who had purchased a few photos and when he got to his room, he realized he picked the wrong photo. He told me that the people at the desk would NOT allow him to exchange it. On top of that, we ordered what we were told was the "Def Leppard" dvd. There was a dvd of some karaoke and ship event highlights playing at the photo area and when I asked the salesperson is that the "normal ship dvd", she said yes and told me the Def Leppard version was a different one which included some clips of the bands, etc. that were EXCLUSIVELY part of the Def Leppard charter. I was told we could not pick up the dvd until after 9:00 pm. Since there were concerts going on, we were unable to pick up the dvd that evening. We were surprised because we were not told that the photo area would close before the shows ended. We had to race down and pick up our dvd before we disembarked the boat and when I got home and watched it.....it was the ship highlights and NOT an exclusive Def Leppard charter video! Disembarkation - From hell! We were assigned a disembarkation time of 10:00 a.m, but had to depart our room at 7:00 a.m. If you did self-assist, you could disembark at 6:45. We chose to disembark. After spending TWO HOURS on line, we were finally able to get off the ship from hell! It was the first time I heard people, including myself, actually CHEERING when we put our sign and sail cards in the machine to disembark. NEVER AGAIN with MSC!!!!!

MSC Cruise Line is horrific; run far, far away!

MSC Divina Cruise Review by scrappycat2

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Bella Oceanview Stateroom

Food - absolutely DISGUSTING.

NEVER AGAIN with MSC!!!!!
scrappycat2’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Bella Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin O1 5006
Cabin was very nice, larger signed and comfortable. Our room steward was outstanding!
Artemide Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins