3. Anthem of the Seas
I sailed the Quantum of the Seas and that ship was a total disaster with poor food, poor service (staff all wanted off) and the Northstar broke down with us in it. RC basically said tough luck and we are Diamond members, which doesn't count to much these days. Sailing the Anthem, we were expecting a disaster as I read other comments about how poor the food and service was. When I embarked on Jan 4th, 2016 we did hit a snag. The transfer took 1.5 hours on a 30 minute ride because they kept the bus running in circles at the airport picking up more people that wasn't standing in the right place. The dispatched would not let us go to the ship. The embark was quick and done within 15 minutes, that was the quickest I ever experienced from RC. The complimentary dining rooms such as Silk, American Icon, Grand and Chic was better than I thought it would be. I passed on Silk due to a bad experience on Quantum, it is hard to pass off Asian food to Asians without criticism. Grand knocked it out of the park. Icon had fabulous ribs and Chic actually disappointed us this time. Since this was a 12 day cruise, we sampled three specialty restaurants. Wonderland, the molecular gastronomy food fare was to die for, the taste was equivalent to Michelin Star quality restaurant (RC got it right this time). The Jamie Oliver restaurant was excellent and I couldn't find any errors. Chops Grill again disappointed, but still better than Quantum. The New York steak was thin, over cooked and tasteless beef. I probably could have got the same steak in the Grand and not pay anything extra. I rather pay an extra $10 and do Wonderland again. We passed on Osumi, we are huge Sushi Sashimi fans here in Toronto, we just didn't feel there was value spending $14 USD on one Maki roll....really? We got all you can eat Japanese food with more variety here in Toronto for $25 Cdn and that works out to $18 USD. The Diamond lounge was great, drink all you want between 5 to 8:30 or till the ship stops rocking from all the cocktails. Free caps and espresso was our daily dose of caffeine. They had excellent fried chicken wings that ruined my appetite for the dining rooms, but who cares, they were tasty and I had to have more. We didn't do any excursions since we did this trip more than 8 times and we are kind of bored of Labadee and the rest of the islands. We went for the ship. Bumper cars were always fun, we were booked for the Ripcord and cancelled out last second because we both came down with flu like symtoms, we seem to catch something every time. Make sure you bring cold and flu medicine, it is expensive on the ship. Even crew were popping pills, a ship this size will trap viruses that will carry from passenger to passenger no matter how many times they tell us to washy washy our hands. The Cruise Director Abe was amazing, he lined up some really good acts on top of the headliner acts. We Will Rock You was on point with great vocals. The second act, The Gift, was a bit of disappointment and that show could have been re-thought but the stage was well designed. The show in the 260 lounge I really enjoyed and I watched it 3 times. The Comedian, specially the unannounced 11:30 show had us rolling in the isle with some politically incorrect jokes...awesome! I love edgy comedians, something I miss on the Oasis class ships. My room on 8th floor facing the Bow happened to be facing the crew recreation room held below on deck 7? I got loud thump thump from the DJ and loads of laughter from female crew as they drank, shrieked and laughed out loud while we put pillows over our head. Security said what do you want them to do? These people work 7 days a week and need down town of drinking and dancing. We had no choice but to endure it, I wanted them to send our room invitations next time so we can drink and laugh too. Besides the stupid noise at night, we loved the cruise. We booked Harmony right away for a back to back 14 day trip. This time no window room and a full balcony....no more staff parties. I am hoping it will have a Wonderland on that ship as well, but we also crave Giovanni's that never seem to disappoint, Never again Chops Grill....yuck and we love steaks.

Anthem finally got it right

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by Guy L

Guy L’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

I loved the cabin, it faces the Bow of the ship with a huge window. The only issue was the room was situated in front of the staff recreation room. Every night at 1:00pm the loud music starts with loud laughter from crew and that last till 4:00pm every night. I called Guest Relations and complained. The sent Security and they investigated the noise and said there is nothing they can do about it, the crew needs their downtime
  Anthem of the Seas Deck Plans