3. Anthem of the Seas
This was my first cruise sailing out of Cape Liberty (Bayonne, NJ), 4th cruise on Royal Caribbean and will definitely be my last. Our 10 night sailing turned into 11 nights (thanks to Jonas) and unfortunately was very rough going down and coming back up.I've previously sailed on 3 RCCL ships (Navigator, Liberty & Oasis) and this was my least favorite. The boat itself is modern and clean but uninspiring. There were a lot of activities on board if you choose to take advantage of them (i.e. roller skating, circus trapeze, rock climbing, i-fly, bumper cars). Generally the lines weren't too long because there wasn't too many children traveling. The shows were okay at best & unmemorable and kept being rescheduled due to the rough seas. We didn't go on any excursions but had a nice time walking around the ports themselves, getting on and off the boat was easy enough. The biggest disappointment of the trip was the food. The new dynamic dining model doesn't work well on RCCL - there are 4 complimentary restaurants that have the same menu everyday. After dinners at both Silk and Chic we decided to skip Grande and American Icon Grill. The food was inconsistent, for example my husband and I both ordered the lamb shank at Chic - his was great and mine was overcooked. We ate at Chops one night, the food was good however the service was lacking. The staff seemed overwhelmed and unable to give attention to the diners. This seemed to be the norm in all of dining rooms (our server at Silk told us her assistant wasn't up to speed so she would be flying solo). Our other meals were eaten at the Windjammer Cafe where again food was inconsistent. There were some meals where the food was great and others where it was inedible. Also, it was rare that the food was served at the appropriate temperature. The one positive thing we had on this sailing was the VOOM internet. Thankfully it was fast enough to support Netflix & Hulu so we didn't go crazy all those days at sea.

11 Days of MEH