3. Norwegian Jade
We take a cruise every year, typically in January and usually to the Caribbean. We have travelled on various cruise lines NCL, Celebrity, RCCL, Princess and Carnival. We choose this trip based on the itinerary and because we wanted to see ruins in Belize. It was a bonus to us that we left out of Houston do we did not have airfare, it is unfortunate that the Houston cruise terminal is closing but not a deal breaker. The Jade was great. There isn't as much Hawaiian decor as I expected from other reviews although I would have enjoyed it as I have travelled to Hawaii many times. Every NCL employee we encountered offered a greeting and were smiling, this was great! Two days before our cruise I was offered the opportunity to upgrade and took it as a surprise for my other half, it was worth every cent! We went from a balcony to a 2 bedroom in the Haven. There were plenty of activities on board that kept us entertained. The shows were very good, we enjoy the singing and dancing. The only thing we did not care for with regard to the shows were the push to purchase their DVD at the end, while I expect this it shouldn't be a 10 minute pitch. We took two ship excursions one in Belize to Altun Ha which was amazing, I have been to Tulum many times and enjoyed seeing ruins with a jungle background instead of the beach. While it was drizzling it was perfect for pictures and walking the ruins, it would be very hot without the clouds. The road was fine with very little over dirt, less than a mile. We would have liked at least an hour rot explore on our own but knew it would be short. We will return and visit these ruins and others in the future. The second was in Roatan where we went to Maya Key and enjoyed the sunny day with great snorkeling and beach time. The water was calm and clear and fish abundant. The beach was clean and we did not experience issues with any bugs. They are a rescue and do a good job caring for the animals, employees were fantastic, attentive and always willing to answer questions. This excursion included lunch which was very good and plentiful. Cash bar was extremely reasonable and device very quick, be sure to bring cash for this. We chose to eat in the included venues for meals and found the service to be excellent. There are so many choices each day and they are happy to make modifications to plates for your taste. We had the Ultimate Beverage plan and always had prompt service. Only complaint is that we enjoy wine and the wine by the glass selection was a be lacking but that only allowed us to experiment with other cocktails. We will cruise again with NCL probably on the Jade.

Wonderful Vacation with My Other Half

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by dporter

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Courtyard Villa with Balcony

We will cruise again with NCL probably on the Jade.
dporter’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Courtyard Villa with Balcony
Cabin H4 14006
Awesome! very well appointed 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite. The 2nd bedroom is small and probably best for 1 older teen or adult or 2 smaller children. The main living area has a 4 person table and couch. The balcony had two large wicker chairs with comfy pads and small table, perfect size for us. The master bed and bath were exquisite you could lay in bed and see out to the ocean or take a bath in the tub and watch the world sail by, it was awesome.
Deck 14 Suite Cabins