3. Celebrity Silhouette
This was our 14th cruise, 3rd on Celebrity. Flew in that AM from DTW, took a taxi to the port. Check in was a breeze. Booked an SV category balcony, Sunset Veranda at very back of the ship. The cabin was just like the mid-ship balcony we had last yr but very comfortable. Had seen some comments about soot from the smoke stacks but it was NOT a problem. There are mechanical washers that clean the panels & railings early every AM & then room attendants clean again when you leave. This cabin is a long way from the elevators. BF says they are about a football filed away. But it's a good way to help walk off those extra calories from the fabulous dinners we had. The weather was great until the last day. Was mostly cloudy & very windy and arrived back in FL to 40 degree temps. Didn't do any excursions & only got off the ship @ St Kitts for about an hour. Love port days on the ship. So much to do & deals @ the Spa & no one @ the pool. The friendliness of ALL the ships staff amazes me. Especially the Selective Dining hostess. Even when confronted by an unhappy passengers having to wait, she was always apologetic & even if the passenger was wrong or just plain rude, tried to honor the request. The cruise itself was wonderful BUT...............Disembarking was a nightmare. 4 + hrs to get through Customs/Immigration. Had our own luggage & stayed aboard as long as we could thinking it would be less crowded. Groups were being called regularly but when we got to deck 2 you couldn't get off the elevators. It was absolute gridlock. Spent 2 hrs outside in 45 degrees & another 2 + hrs in the terminal. Only 4 agents to process 3000 people, many in wheelchairs. I don't fault Celebrity at all. This was clearly Customs/Immigration issue and I've heard of other issues like this at different ports. But I think things could have been handled a little better with a little communication. I have never experienced anything like this on any other of my 14 cruises. Hope this isn't going to the "norm".

Cruise was Great But.....

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by cgrainger0302

cgrainger0302’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Sunset Veranda
Cabin SV 6310
Cabin is identical to the mid-ship balcony's. Just a lot farther from the elevators (think football field). No problem with soot as previously stated by some. No noticeable noise from restaurants. Occasional hum/vibration from props, depending on speed, ocean conditions, but not bothersome. Great views of sunrises & sunsets, prop wash & leaving ports.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins