3. Carnival Fascination
We just got back from the Fascination today. We went out on the FEB 26 Sailing. My husband and I traveled with our 2 kids ages 2 and 12. It was great! I cant say enough good things about Camp Carnival for my little one. She loved it! It was non-stop fun for her. The club for the 12-14 year olds was just okay although the times my oldest hung out with the group she did enjoy it. I guess the one complaint I have is that there was no dedicated area for that age group on the ship and some of the activities have the kids roaming around on the ship unsupervised. On to the food. The Food was hit or miss, some good, some not so great but hey, you cant please everyone and there was definitely no problem finding something I could eat. The best thing I had in the Dining room was the Cornish Hen, I had never had it before but now I'm going to have to learn how to cook it. It was moist and tasty. Service. Service was excellent. Overall the staff was friendly and eager to please. We did tip cabin steward a little extra. He did a wonderful job I think his name was Tatuk. We did one shore excursion with carnival. The Junkanoo Beach Party...Ugh, not much of a party. The beach was nice and we walked far enough down to find some tidepools with sea urchins, sea slugs, anenomes and some other neat sea life. That was the redeeming part of that excursion. I really don't know that I would recommend it, it was expensive and really lame. In Nassau we took a cab to the Wyndham resort at Cable beach and got a day pass for 40 bucks that included a nice buffet lunch. That was fabulous. I'll do that over and over again when I go to Nassau. The pool has a big slide, waterfalls, a swim up bar and a great casino. Of course the beach is beautiful and you can even walk over to the Sheraton and use there facilities. We saw 2 shows and one R rated comic show. All were good. All in all I would recommend this cruise for almost anyone. For the price and the location of the Jax port terminal you cant really beat it for a quick vacation.

Fun on the Fascination

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by wishiwrcruzn

• Sail Date: February 2009
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View
We saw 2 shows and one R rated comic show. All were good.
wishiwrcruzn’s Full Rating Summary