• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Newmexicojo
10+ Cruises

Sail Date: Nov 2015
Cabin:

This was our first time on a large ship. Our past 12 or more cruises have been on rivers...mostly with Viking. The Viking Star was a beautiful ship and easy to get to everything. I was worried about being with 900 other passengers -thinking that there would be long lines for every activity. My fears were assuaged very quickly. From the minute we were greeted onto the ship, to the personal attention we received at meals and excursions. We ate at all of the restaurants without any delays. We mostly picked a table for 2, but often chatted with others who were next to us. I really felt that my husband and I were on a very special vacation. The excursions were well planned out and we picked both included and optional tours. When we changed our minds about taking a tour, the shore excursion desk did everything to help us choose another option. We enjoyed going to several of the evening shows onboard. Thanks to the extra efforts by the guest services manager, Martha Hanley, our stay on the Viking Star was one of the best experiences imaginable. We loved our accommodations and experiences so much that we booked another trip on the Viking Star - the Eastern Seaboard Explorer - Montreal to New York (10/2/2016). Kudos to Viking for making our (apprehensive) transition from river cruising to ocean cruising exceptional.

2 Helpful Votes