3. Viking Hlin
My sister and I signed up for this cruise because of the Christma markets and were lucky enough to book one of the Explorer Suites. The accommodations were outstanding, our cabin steward (Ria) was terrific. The excursions were good, but difficult walking because of the cobblestones at times. The food was good, but I liked the food on our Danube cruise in 2010 better. I would have preferred to eat dinner a bit earlier. The staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant, we particularly enjoyed our private tour of the wheelhouse and dinner with the Captain. Everyone was wonderful. I was disappointed in Cologne that we couldn't tour the Cathedral in the morning as promised, we had to go back in the afternoon because of the Sunday masses. I did go back in the afternoon and noticed there were guided tours, that would have been much more meaningful than wandering around on my own. Just a suggestion. Travel to embarkation is always tiring, nothing can be done about that, but the flight arrangements were fine. The handling of Disembarkation is amazing, extremely well organized. The Viking reps in Amsterdam were very helpful. We liked the hotel. I recommend Viking to all of my friends because of the ports, tour guides, staff and overall exemplary experience. True value for the money, lots of free publicity from me!

Second River Cruise

Viking Hlin Cruise Review by Waters aerobics

• Sail Date: November 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Explorer Suite

The Viking reps in Amsterdam were very helpful. We liked the hotel.

Waters aerobics’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Hlin price drops

Explorer Suite
Cabin ES 340
Excellent. I wish we could have gotten the room temperature lower at night, they tried, but it wasn't cool enough for me.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins