3. MSC Divina
The good news, I took my daughter and my two granddaughters on their first cruise. Through no fault of the cruise line, this just wasn't a great first experience cruising. The weather was worse than predicted, very rainy and cold. Our port visit in Freeport was rained out after the first hour or so, and the second port visit scheduled at Little San Salvador (formerly Half Moon Cay) was completely cancelled. Guess what? That makes for not much to do...the pools were freezing, the hot tubs over crowded and there was not much in the way of alternate entertainment especially for a 10 and 13 year old. The Kids Club for the younger set was pretty lame for a ten year old, catering to much younger children, and the teen club not well supervised enough for a just 13 yr old and seemed to be mostly video games that cost per play. This particular cruise was a Def Leppard charter, which was very cool but filled with less than typical cruisers and far less children than I have ever seen on a cruise. Made for some really interesting table conversations and fun people watching. There were some wonderful Arts and Crafts activities scheduled, but, when we inquired we were told participants had to be 18? Seriously? Even with a parent participating. This seems nonsensical especially due to the cancelled port visits and not much else going on. Other than that, the cruise, my first in a standard room on Divina, was way better than many reviews I have read. I thought the buffet was very good, the dining room food also really good, and the service we received met all expectations. Our room was maintained nicely each day, our dinner service was attentive and excellent. We also tried one lunch and one breakfast in the dining room and found those staff also very helpful and the service really good. The bars and their service were a little different, mostly self service or order your own and they will deliver to the table, but it seemed okay from my perspective. The retail stores on board on not great bargains, nor great rip-offs. If you forgot your lighter you could buy one for $1.50 and there were reasonable priced souvenirs. The shop staff not hovering or overbearing, but able to find stuff and answer a question if asked. A few more smiles might have been nice. Definitely would sail this line again but probably never in January again.

Murphy's Law on the High Seas

MSC Divina Cruise Review by RoLoHa

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Bahamas

Definitely would sail this line again but probably never in January again.
RoLoHa’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get MSC Divina price drops

Nice cabin with good views from narrow balcony. There is a ramp to get out on the balcony but no turning radius for the Hoveround power chair. There is a walk`in shower with seat, the floor will get very wet ...but it is all very clean and useable.
  MSC Divina Deck Plans