3. Freedom of the Seas
We are experienced cruisers. I got an email after we booked asking if I'd like to know of deals on upgrades. I said yes. Then I got a phone call asking if I'd like to upgrade fro the JS we booked to an OS for $700. We just had a death in the family and also lost two friends over 6 months, so we needed a break. We took the offer. Cabin 1320 was jaw dropping in size and appointments. We had breakfast served the next morning on the huge veranda and loved the experience. We had dinner delivered in our dining area each night after that. One evening the duck we ordered turned out to be chicken. I called my friend Svetlana and she corrected the problem in 10 minutes and threw in an extra souffle. In Labadee we were met by small boats with political activists. Apparently they were protesting for an island campaign that included someone connected to RCI. We left without anyone going ashore and took with us the RCI employees that live there for safety. We had booked wave runners and a trip to the small island and were very disappointed. The net day we ordered breakfast in our room at 6:30 AM. At 7:10 AM we got a call from room service saying they were running late. We told then to cancel since we needed to be in the theater by 7:30 AM to connect with our tour in Jamaica. (This was the first time I recall feeling hungry on a cruise. Later in the day we got a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a note of apology. The berries tasted great.) In Jamaica we learned that the part of our tour to snorkel the barrier reef was canceled but the rest of the tour was OK, if we wanted to go. We went. Once ashore we were told that the rest of the tour was also cancelled due to big winds and choppy seas. The Tour staff was there and we elected a kayaking tour that was interesting. We went to a beach that was OK. In Grand Cayman we were told our tour was cancelled so we took an alternative that was stuff we had one before. "Hell" gets old fast and the beach we went to had lousy swimming, it's not a great beach, one we had visited before. We went to a restaurant on the water and had turtle soup which always amazes me since the island is a turtle sanctuary. Rains came and turned into a deluge. We headed back to the boat and ran into a very long line of RCI passengers. I guess they shut down the boats ferrying folks back to the boat during the storm. I went to the ask for Priority service that is offered to folks in suite class and was turned back by local authorities. When we finally got to the front of the line we found our Concierge who asked why we hadn't come forward. Apparently a missed opportunity. Otherwise the Concierge service was very nice. In Cozumel we had our tour cancelled and took a tour to a local beach was well organized. We saw an impressive response from a Mexican medical team when an older woman took a spill and broke her nose in a serious fall. Food was OK but the overall experience was not great. Other perks such as free drinks anywhere during specific hours works great. Suite class was sweet. We saw the last performance of our group and then the first performance of the next. Both entertainment groups were excellent. The ship is in great condition and is still a solid design. Chops was great but was a bit overpriced. We should have gone to the Southern Caribbean.

Great room, bad politics, and lousy weather make for poor cruise experience.

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by DaveC2

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Owner's Suite - 1 Bedroom
We are experienced cruisers.

Other perks such as free drinks anywhere during specific hours works great.

Suite class was sweet.

The ship is in great condition and is still a solid design.

Chops was great but was a bit overpriced.

We should have gone to the Southern Caribbean.
DaveC2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Owner's Suite - 1 Bedroom
Cabin OS 1320
Spacious room with big veranda. Great for dining. With 50 mph winds the sliding door gets noisy.
We enjoyed eating in often and didn't need to get into our formal wear. We loved that.
We will try to do more suites if we get similar bargain rates.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins