3. Nieuw Amsterdam
Hi! I was a solo female traveler (revered by some, scorned by some). I didn't stay at any hotels. The ship was clean and accommodations were enjoyable. I can't complain about anything - the staff was attentive, they knew my dietary restrictions and were able to accommodate them. My room was lovely. The experience was exactly what I needed. I had the time of my life. My only concern was that there wasn't any visible first aid kits and AED machines (I could have done without the smoking in the casino as well - but I never went there anyway). I went on a themed cruise - I'm not sure if I could handle a cruise where there wasn't some structure - that's not to say I wouldn't try! The Dancing with the Stars theme was sublime! The excursions were really great - I picked the right ones for me! And the club/piano were the cool places to be at night. I was a little antsy knowing I paid for my bags to pass through customs without me and go straight to my final destination (home). But I was in the airport and so was my bag. It did make traveling easier.

Dancing on the Water

Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review by mmbuzz

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom
Hi! I was a solo female traveler (revered by some, scorned by some).

mmbuzz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam price drops

Interior Stateroom
Cabin I 6021
Clean - comfortable bed. It was just me so I made the space work!
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins