3. Viking Star
Food in all restaurants was top quality. My wife has gluten & dairy allergies and had no problems. Great staff. Only disappointment was not being able to attend "Kitchen Table" event as not enough guests had signed up. Chef made up for this by giving me a personal tour of the galley. Room: I've been in smaller hotel rooms. Very comfortable, great balcony; daily refilled minibar was a nice extra. Shows: Hi Tech special effects made the nightly entertainment as good as the mega cruise ships. Excursions: Local guides were extremely well versed in their cities and helpful. As with the Kitchen Table above I had signed up for several cooking classes which were cancelled due to lack of client interest. To be fair most passengers were seniors who either had no interest in cooking or did so much at home they we not going to do any on a cruise ! Overall a different experience from Viking river cruises, just as enjoyable but on a larger scale. We have been on 5 "large ship" cruises none of which compare in any way to Viking Star. We are unlikely to travel on a large ship again. We do look forward to the upcoming Mississippi River cruises.

First Viking Ocean Cruise