3. Viking Prestige
We sailed on the Viking Prestige Danube Waltz Cruise in mid-October 2015. A European river cruise was top on my bucket list. This cruise was for a celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary and my retirement so it needed to be very special. We are avid cruise people and have sailed the eastern Caribbean, western Caribbean and southern Caribbean as well as the Mediterranean and have high expectations. This cruise was magnificent. Our cabin was on the lowest deck and had a large picture window just above water level. The room itself was delightful with plenty of drawers and closet space. The bathroom was larger than we expected and quite comfortable. We chose this cruise for the itinerary and it did not disappoint. The included tours were fantastic as were the guides. We are wine lovers so we also scheduled the optional wine tours offered. Not only was the wine delicious, but they are small, family owned and have small vintages, which cannot be found by large distributors. We met the owners who welcomed each of us like we were old friends. By the end of the tour...we were. In cannot say enough positive things about the tour guides. They were all outgoing, knowledgeable, quick witted and fun. Service on board was exemplary as far as cleanliness, efficiency, and friendliness. The dining room staff was the best of any cruise thus far. We were extremely impressed by Viking Line efficiency from the time our plane landed, to the beautiful and comfortable motor coaches for transfers and tours! We extended out vacation by staying extra nights at the end of our cruise in Budapest. The hotel was 5 star and beautiful. The only thing I could find to complain about the entire trip, was that the Prestige is the only ship in the fleet without an elevator. It was still worth it and I would do it again.

Ideal Celebration Cruise

gardenknome’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Prestige price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with Window
Cabin E 103
Modern, light and airy with plenty of closet and drawer space. Small sitting area and a beautiful bright bathroom which was large by cruise standards and immaculately kept.
Main Deck Outside Cabins

• Budapest
    We visited 3 local, family owned winery locations and at the last, the owner's wife had prepared a traditional Hungarian Goulash meal for us. The winerys were small and the tastings were conducted by the owners who were personable and friendly. Because there were on two couples on our tour, the setting was romantic and intimate and it felt like we were visiting friends. Our driver was lots of fun and provided a running commentary with local details and information of the area and the wineries we would be visiting. I was as much impressed with the tour and guide as I was with the delicious wines we tasted. Hungarian wines are my favorite!
    View All 380 Budapest Cruise Port Reviews