3. Sun Princess
This was the first cruise my family took together - mum, dad, 2 kids plus grandma. Princess Cruises upgraded my mum's cabin so she can have one next door to us. That was nicely done Princess on a sold out cruise. I liked the ship and the entertainment. Kudos to the performers in the Princess Theatre for perfect shows while the ship was rocking. Quite an art just to stand up yet alone dance in heals! Amazing :-) The bedding was super comfy. Movies under the clouds was an interesting idea :-) Photo opportunities were a hit with us. We were in the first group of people to take the tender over to the Busselton Jetty. Those tenders have a capacity of 150 but they are tiny and our tender had 61 people and it felt full to the brim. It was too many people! They should cap it at 40 or 50. It was a rough ride to the jetty and my 8yr old daughter threw up and there were no sea sickness bags on board. So it was lucky we had a spare plastic bag with us! Bags should be handed to each person as they get on especially when they know the ride will be choppy as they were thinking initially not to let anyone go over due to the roughness of the sea. The biggest let down for me was the food and everything to do with that! Before you can eat anything on board you must put some unknown solution on your hands. I don't know what is in the solution. So I didn't go near Horizon Court as the staff acted like Nazi's by the doorway. So since Horizon Court was out of the question we tried the Restaurant on the first night. There was nothing organic on the menu and I know better than to eat non organic meat or dairy, so I asked for a plain vegan salad. What I got served was literally just an iceberg lettuce cut in half drizzled with dressing. I should have taken a photo, but I didn't have my camera. I kid you not the restaurant served me an iceberg lettuce cut in half as my mains meal. I didn't eat it. Who even eat iceberg lettuce anyway which is tasteless and low in nutrients. Why don't they have rocket, cos lettuce, mixed lettuce, and put in some effort to cut it up and put it in a bowl with some cherry tomatoes and the like? It was shocking service and made me realise how much I love my home and how good I really have it at home where were all care about the quality of the food we eat and how it is presented. So we never went back to the restaurant. I discovered you can get bananas delivered to your room, so I ordered plenty of bananas and lived of them until until we got to Albany where thankfully there was organic food available everywhere. I ate two good solid meals in Albany and brought more as take away to bring back on board the ship which supplied me a nice lunch for the following day. We discovered that the pizza place makes nice vegan salads at dinner time and if you arrive before it opens you don't get the Nazi treatment! So we had dinner at the pizza place thereafter. It's a pity they don't have salad on the lunch menu too. There wasn't even any organic teas available which is rather shocking giving the high content of pesticides in conventional teas. I get the impression that most things on the ship is poisoned with pesticides and is genetically modified. I know it makes business sense for Princess Cruises to provide the cheapest crappiest food that people will eat, but surely they could also have a small fresh whole-food organic cafe on board which you can pay extra to eat at? So I wonder if I was the only person to get off the cruise lighter than when they got on?

Nice for a short trip; I wouldn't go longer.

Sun Princess Cruise Review by Jodie701