3. Crown Princess
We have cruised a wide variety of itineraries and a diverse range of cruise lines. This cruise was very enjoyable. It had many highlights and a few disappointments. Embarkation and debarkation were as close to perfect as possible. Very organized and well staffed. Accessing services on the ship was also excellent. Entertainment was, well, very entertaining. A standout show was Magic to Do, a Stephen Schwartz production. The singers and dancers were typical cruise ship performers, clearly very hardworking. Several really funny comedians and singers performed. Our oceanview stateroom was adequately sized, well maintained by our cabin steward, and generally comfortable. The shower was about one foot too narrow, but this was a cruise ship. We rarely saw our cabin steward, but maybe that is the way it should be. The itinerary was fine for first time Mexican Riviera cruisers. Loreto was a particularly charming port. The ship's excursion in Puerto Vallarta wasn't much more than a series of stops at the tour guide's friends shops, but he was very funny and knowledgable, and the tour was inexpensive so that was okay. Tendering was very organized. The MDR menus and food were fine. My wife is a vegetarian and I shared this with our waiter, Warren on day 1. Within five minutes, the Head Waiter Erno was at our table and throughout the cruise he checked in with my wife each day to make sure that the menu was to her liking. On several days, he had a special dish prepared to meet her needs. He was very attentive and concerned about her having an enjoyable meal. It was my wife's birthday during the cruise and a special dessert was prepared for her and was accompanied by several wait staff singing "Happy Birthday" to her. One disappointment was the variety of food on the buffet. At best, it was uninspired, at worst, it was repetitive and not very appetizing looking. The buffet areas were too small and did not have a good traffic flow considering the number of passengers on the cruise. We found that we were eating breakfast at the International Cafe, a very nice venue and lunch at the pizza bar or grill on most days. This was below our expectations based on our long history of cruising. The special coffees at the International Cafe were very good. This is an observation which frankly did not make or break this cruise experience, but I did notice that the officers on the ship were not very friendly. They would not greet guests, although they did respond to a friendly hello from passengers. In this competitive cruise climate, this might be unacceptable to many cruisers. Overall, my wife and I enjoyed this cruise, met many wonderful fellow passengers, and saw some new places that we enjoyed.

Nice Cruise to Mexican Riviera

Crown Princess Cruise Review by 44cruzin

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

44cruzin’s Full Rating Summary