Viking Emerald Cruise Review

China: One Off the Bucket List

Viking Emerald Cruise Review by bill719

• Sail Date: Nov 2015
  • Destination: Asia

I've always wanted to travel to China, was on my short bucket list, and I was not disappointed. I had been on ocean cruises before but the river cruise was the perfect way to see China. The cities of Shanghai, Xi'an and Beijing were amazing, so much history, so many thing to see and so much culture to enjoy.

The cruise up the Yangtze River was all I expected, the sites along the river were breathtaking and the cities visited along the river were very interesting and the people very friendly. The tour escort was very knowledgeable and made the trip much more enjoyable. The hotels that I stayed at were "first class" 5 star all the way.

The food, both in the cities and on the boat, was varied and delicious, in some cases, to many choices. The service onboard was excellent, the waitresses and waiters were very friendly and made sure you were taken care of. The ship was larger than I thought it would be, and with the number of passengers was very roomy. The shore excursions were very informative, with a lot to take in.

I was not disappointed at all, it was the perfect way to see and enjoy China, I so glad I went.

bill719's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Veranda (B) 437

Cabin was nice size, roomy, but could have used alittle more storage for clothes.

Shanghai

The museum was very interesting, a lot of history

Beijing

The Great Wall is just that "great", remarkable the condition, considering the age

Beijing

Something was going on the day we went, so could only see the outlining portion of the square

bill719